Isaac
Years ago

Funny It's tipping time, ABL fans

We've got 60 tipsters ready to go and the Hoops SA/CustomTel tipping competition is now underway.

Registered tipsters can find the tipping schedule here.

You will need to select your tip for each of Round 1's ten games -- 5 mens games, and 5 for the women. All tips count equally, so you'll need to be following both competitions during the season.

To tip, registered tipsters will need to select their alias from the list, enter their password and tips, and hit "Send tips". This will email a copy of your tips to me, and to you. Your password is case-sensitive and based on what you emailed me -- if you get an error, try making the first character uppercase as there were a few cases of this in the tipping registrations.

If you spot an error in the tipping fixture or experience any problems, let me know ASAP.

Your tips MUST be emailed before all of the games start. Do it today or tomorrow before you forget. Forgetting to tip gives you a "DNT" (Did Not Tip) and a fat zero for the round.

There are decent to-be-announced prizes for this competition (courtesy of CustomTel), so tip hard.

Here's that tipping link again.

If you haven't registered, but still want to, email me ([email protected]) your tipping alias, email address and a preferred password.

Topic #2126 | Report this topic

Northerner  
Years ago

Is there any chance of somehow getting team lists up BEFORE we tip. I just found out an important player isn't playing for one of the teams (not saying who, that might jeopardise my tips!!!!) this weekend (not to say they will lose because of him though).

Something like teams posted on the forum on Friday, seeing most teams have their final training on Wednesday or Thursday (like on the footy show). Don't know how we could get this to happen cos there is still a chance teams could play funny buggers and lie, but still, it would be good to know if Dix or Holmes isn't playing, because that could have a huge impact on the team (taking nothing away from the other players).
The other option would be to call up / email players from each team to find out who is in and who is out, but that doesn't really help people who don't know other players or cannot contact them.

What's peoples thoughts on this?

Reply #24143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rees for Woodville heh Northener, bring it ohhhh bald one

Reply #24144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So, you want to get team lists up, and you have some info concerning a roster, but you don't want to tell anyone!

I suspect that teams won't willingly reveal rosters until game day.

Reply #24146 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Got it in one Isaac :)

I agree with you teams wouldn't want to reveal who is in, I was just spewing because I sent my tips in before I found out.

Anonymous, got no idea what your post is all about. Haven't been to a training at all this year and haven't seen any of the fellas so some expanding on it would be good.

Reply #24155 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

If you've already put your tips in, why don't you just tell us who's not playing!

Reply #24158 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Northerner, Panther's already put his tips in and I won't let him change them if it means you'll give up the info...

Reply #24161 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Checked out the CustomTel website. May I suggest the following prize? :

"OUT OF BED AND WET BED MONITORING
This equipment is incorporated into the nursecall system and is intended to simplify assessment procedures by alerting carers to residents bed habits & also to assist in care of residents with known wandering & bed wetting problems."

Reply #24197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great, you've ruined the surprise! :P

Reply #24205 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

5 late starters to the tipping action, so I think we've got 65 contenders now. (ShaqDiddy, you're still a wimp, and here's the news flash from Channel Gower: "That's the only 2nd place you'll ever get.")

46 tipsters have already got their tips in. Friday today and the games start tomorrow, so the rest better not forget or you'll be wearing that DNT mark of shame.

Reply #24211 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

excellent work isaac - looking forward to the season

Reply #24244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

10 stragglers added to the list so there are now 75 fighting for tipster supremacy. 58 of those have submitted their tips already, but the rest need to get theirs in.

Reply #24261 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Other then Panther, any players?

Reply #24285 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely. Refs, players, coaches, fans.

Reply #24301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754