Tru Blue Emcee
Years ago

Topping up 36ers Membership Cards

I was just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to put more cash on the membership cards? (they come preloaded with $30 to spend on whatever you want)i just found it sooo handy on Friday because i spent my last bit of cash on NBA 2K10 for my PS3 (awesome game BTW) and of course i needed beers, Membership card to the rescue!!! Instead of mucking round with cash you can just hand the card over, easy as...Does anyone know? its either that or Rehab...ahhh

Topic #21263 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can Tru Blue, it is done at the Merchandise desk. Be careful though, my mate added a $50 to his card, went to use it and found it hadn't been added properly.....I think the woman behind the desk now knows what she is doing but I would advise checking it on the same night you top it up!!

Reply #252567 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Speaking of Member cards; I went to spend some of the credit on Food at the game, and I got turned down by the girl at the registers because the card was only good for a 10% discount.

The letter that came with the card states that the member card can be used like a credit card for purchasing food, drink and merch at the game. It was nice walking through with food and drink only to be told "sorry, no can do". Luckily I had a mate with me who covered me for the night.

If this has now changed and you can't buy food and drink with the card, what is the actual point of having one?

Reply #252571 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

it should have worked! I used mine at the bar with no worries (you don't get 10% off at bars though)! Maybe its just that kiosk...

Reply #252577 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Saturday night - amusing (for me) exchange at one of the kiosks.

I saw a guy with an arm full of food show the girl at cash register his card (expecting the 10%) off - she grabbed the card off him and swiped it ...

Customer: What are you doing?

Food & Beverage Sales Assistant: Charging your food to your card

Customer: I'm supposed to get 10% off the food

F&BSA: Oh sorry I didn't know that ... too late

Customer: So you just charged the food - I was gonna use the card to buy merchandise

F&BSA: Oh well ... just use the cash that you would have paid for the food.

Customer: (getting mad) ... What about the 10%

F&BAS: I said sorry

Was quite a funny exchange that took all of 10 seconds ... the guy had reason to be upset but was befuddled by the exchange and the casual nature of the transaction.

I think maybe the Sixers organisation should make sure that everyone is on the same page ... especially the pimply faced teens that are at the coalface.

Reply #252578 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

good point SVD can't the dome have some sort of staff meeting to get everyone on the same page?

Reply #252579 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be a little difficult to schedule as it would possibly need to involve the 36ers, Dome, catering company and caterer's contractors. Does sound like they need to put a cheatsheet in front of everyone though explaining what the cards mean, where to direct people who want to top them up, etc.

Reply #252580 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Either way, I couldn't find an ATM in the building and had to skip dinner to make the game. Had I not been with a few mates, I wouldn't have been eating that day.

Must admit the attitude of the girl behind the counter matches your sitcom segment perfectly SVD. I can honestly say I won't be holding back next time.

Reply #252581 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

That's one other thing i heard the ATM will be there next home game (fingers crossed)

Reply #252582 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

That's good. I'll give the card one more try next home game before sending it back. No point have a card that can't be used for its listed purpose.

Reply #252592 | Report this post

Rybags  
Years ago

Mine worked on saturday. mmmm beer

Reply #252593 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Any news on online store or at least some pics and a price list of the available merchandise for us inter stater's with membership cards that have no way of buying a beer on them at a game ;)

Reply #252610 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Working on it.

Reply #252617 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Can i combine the tickets? i highly doubt but i have tickets for me and my dad it would be great if i could combine the cash for $60 at the merch stand.

Either way I think its a great addition to the membership package and is much better than previous years as it seems it's something people will actually use.

Reply #252618 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

So...

can the card be used for food or not? or is it a 10% discount only?

Reply #252621 | Report this post

Ron T  
Years ago

you cannot combine the two cards for one transaction to buy merchandise, have already asked that question.

Reply #252623 | Report this post

milan chic  
Years ago

You can use the card for buying food, plus getting the 10% off the marked food.

I topped the card up at the merchandise stand and used it at the kiosk. It definitely is handy as you don't have to carry cash!!!

I think the 10% discount is taken off automatically after they swipe the card. That is what happens at the merchandise stand, so it should be the same at the kiosks.

Reply #252626 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac, looking forward to it ;)

Although hoping to make it over for a game sometime soon.

Reply #252627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Drop me an email when you do.

Reply #252628 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

As far as food from the kiosk things goes, you can only use your card to buy the items with stickers on them on the big menus. (Exactly why it is that you can buy a burger on the card but not a yiros is a mystery to me). Regardless, the food was both overpriced and average at best - won't be getting it again in the near future. I certainly didn't get 10% off the food we bought either, not sure if you're supposed to or not.

Never mind, the on-court action was what I paid for, and that was excellent. :)

Reply #252651 | Report this post

Metro Girl  
Years ago

Walked up to the canteen, got 2 chicken burgers, handed over my card...hey presto 2 chicken burgers for nothing.

Thanks 6ers. Great initiative.

Reply #252691 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Yeah, I usually don't eat at the matches, but coming straight from work on a Friday night there's not much choice. Looks like I'll be bringing cash as always.

Reply #252769 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

The details in the letter are accurate - it has credit, and also gives a discount to some items.

The red sticker on the boards are the items that have the 10% discount.

The cards credit can be used to purchase merch, food and drink. It is a new system, being used by a lot of staff that are not employees of the club, so it may have a few kinks to start with. But be nice to the people behind the counter - just because somethings not running smoothly is no reason to take it out on them.

And as always, if you are having a problem with something, call the club! If you just post on here, how do you expect them to resolve your problem?

Big Marty, instead of giving your card back, please give it to me - if you're going to give money away, I'm happy to put my hand up for it!

Reply #252787 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

I did mean to post that as myself, but forgot to type my name - need to make sure Big Marty knows who to send his card to!

Reply #252788 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

No chance - he'll give it to me before anyone else cos I'm the one that covered him when they didn't accept his card =D

Reply #252804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754