XztatiK
Years ago

NBL Rookie of the Year progress

Hasn't been much talk about the Rookie of the Year award this year and I'm not too sure who is and isn't eligible but I'd think these are the candidates (slim pickings this year):

Timmy Coenraad
Jesse Wagstaff
Kerry Williams?
Tom Abercrombie?
Daniel Johnson?
Al Pledger
Cory Webster

Williams, Abercrombie and Johnson were all DP's last year I think.

Pledger and Webster are only a chance if NZ get a few injuries (eg. Penney).

Have I missed anyone or should any of them not be there?

It's hardly worth having an award from that list but if I have to I'll pick Coenraad.

Topic #21277 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

It has to Wagstaff, he has played well avg 9.5pts

Reply #252757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tim Coenraad v Jesse Wagstaff. Just got to work out which one is better than the other. Coenraad is a seasoned college player with experience in big games and experience in being a go-to scorer. I'm yet to see Coenraad in person but he has been solid on the stats sheet.

Wagstaff was very solid in the game I seen him play. Looks for his shot, can rebound and is a player who is regularly in the correct position at the correct time.

At this point in time, I say Wagstaff then Coenraad

Reply #252762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tim lang

Reply #252768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff allready looks like a star. wagstaff...

Reply #252775 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Abercrombie.

Reply #252777 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anyone got clarification on Abercrombie/Williams/Johnson?

Personally I've been a little disappointed with Coenraad's start to the season after his pre-season was so good, but I've got a feeling he'll improve his numbers and grab a few more of Campbell's minutes as the season goes on. Wagstaff takes too many shots for my liking. I don't know his FG% but from the one game I've sen him play, as good as it was, his shot-choice was pretty poor. So Coenraad's my pick, especially if Perth get an import big to cover Rogers.

Reply #252778 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

timmy c had a FEROCIOUS tip jam on saturday. id give it to him just for that

Reply #252791 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It was a good tip jam, not FEROCIOUS!

Reply #252803 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I like Abercrombie if he is eligible to win it

Reply #252825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754