vanexel31
Years ago

Can I get a US VHS tape converted to DVD anywhere?

I am getting a US vhs tape sent over I want converted to DVD. I have a VHS set up to a DVD recorder but am unsure if my VHS will play a US VHS tape.

does anybody have any helpful suggestions to help me out?

Thanks

Topic #21296 | Report this topic

K  
Years ago

ive imported plenty of vhs tapes from US. they are the same tapes..

Reply #253002 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

First of all try playing it as some of our VHS recorders have the ability to play back other region tapes.

Reply #253006 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

The US used to use a format called NTSC which was not compatable with VHS players in Australia. I'm not sure if that is the case now. Probably need to check before purchasing otherwise you would need a VHS player which can paly all formats.

Reply #253012 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

The US used to use a format called NTSC which was not compatable with VHS players in Australia. I'm not sure if that is the case now. Probably need to check before purchasing otherwise you would need a VHS player which can paly all formats.

Reply #253013 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

If your VHS player accepts NTSC tapes, you will most likely need to change your DVD Recorder to NTSC for the video format (from PAL) for it to accept the VHS signal. I have done this many times on several Panasonic DVD Recorders, and unless things have changed, it alwways worked.

Reply #253036 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Thanks for the help, think I have it all worked out now.

Reply #253052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754