Isaac
Years ago

Sam Harris replaces Paul Rogers

Perth Wildcats will announce giant centre Sam Harris as Paul Rogers' replacement today as the injured veteran prepares to undergo surgery on his torn triceps.

Full article

So, as far as I know, Rogers isn't quite retiring which means that the Cats might not be able to bring in a full replacement without putting him on a longer term injury list.

If I'm reading the situation correctly, Rogers not retiring actually helps other teams, meaning that Perth can't really bring in a second import to replace him without paying him out, and might not be able to cover that with insurance.

Topic #21299 | Report this topic

This is great news for Sam

Reply #253034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 7'4 he is the tallest player in league history. i think the cats are givng rogey 4 weeks to see how he recovers

Reply #253041 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I look forward to seeing Cortez dunk on him ;)

Reply #253042 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Sam is big and has promise. Let's hope he can fulfil some of it as it would be such a shame to waste such a natural git being that tall...

Reply #253044 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

You'd have to be pretty damn unco to not have an impact in this league with that size. Hopefully he's no Jason Everstyn.

Reply #253064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754