LC
Years ago

Starbury to sit out 2009/10 NBA season

Boston Celtic Stephon Marbury will not play this coming season, saying he has "shut everything down" and has no plans to play this season, but expects to return to the NBA in 2010-11, the New York Post reported.

"I'm resting, doing what Michael Jordan did, enjoy life, do things I haven't done in 16 years, keep building my empire," Marbury said, according to the Post. "I wasn't going to Boston for that money. It was a prudent business decision to take off this year."

This guy yet again reinforces the fact he is an absolute tosser! Comparing himself to MJ made me laugh out loud...

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/j970v

Topic #21322 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trying to gloss over the fact no one wanted him so has been forced into retirement. Like Iverson and his God told me to sign with Memphis jive, because none of the other 29 teams wanted him.

Reply #253407 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he has burnt every bridge he had, the webcast thing, then the other day slagged on Pierce. Maybe he should go to europe like he said he would love to! kinda sad cos he has the talent to help a team.

Reply #253415 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Starbury actually went unsigned as a free agent this offseason after turning down Boston's $1.3 million veteran minimum offer.

So he actually turned down a chance to play for Boston, before finding out nobody else wanted him.

A few names for this guy come to mind, and none of them could be considered a compliment.

Reply #253432 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, at the end of last season, I was all for bringing him back for the vet minimum. At that stage he had been behaving like a good citizen and looked like he could have a good year with a training camp under his belt. All I can say now is thank god he didn't accept Boston's offer! The Celtics don't need his kind of crazy - Sheed's way will be just fine!

Reply #253440 | Report this post

ha, who would have thought Starbury has the word 'prudent' in his vocabulary

Reply #253460 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754