Rik
Years ago

Gilchrist is a sook

Was at the Wildcats v 36ers game on Saturday and after some tough checking from Brad Robbins and some crowd heckling i noticed that Gilchrist spit the dummy and walked off when everyone was shaking hands...Nothing i can do, but he is still a sook, thought you should know

Topic #21341 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

give the kid a break, still learning that when you play perth you will be heckled and you will be played tough. He'll be better for it.

Reply #253596 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

and the umpires will never help u there! :P

Reply #253601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt like his body language at all in that game after a few things didnt go his way. Ninnis should have made it very very very clear its one of the toughest places to go about your business, plus with his college career, that shouldnt be an issue. His character will be tested wednesday.

Reply #253603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gilchrist is his own worst critic and if he felt he didn't do enough or that he hadn't played well he would have been very down on himself, and I think what you saw as being a sook was more likely just being very upset with himself.

Reply #253607 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

He had better lose that look quick smart.
Any such chink in the armour in this sport will be crucified by fans and opposition alike.

Reply #253611 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

At the end of the day he's a professional, so expect him to drop 26,8,8 on Big Wednesday!!!

Reply #253612 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

What is with everyone, we lost an away game, a bad loss but a loss, everyone has them. First let's sack Scotty, then Cortez and now Gilly .....what's next maybe SOS should sell the team back to Mal and Mark Tyndale can be our new Captain !!!

Reply #253613 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Wow, sooking about someone being a sook...

Pitbull was getting a bit frustrated at the end there, probably because the refs were calling the softest hand checks all game (as per the new instructions) but letting Robbins do whatever the hell he wanted.

Reply #253614 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Robbo, I think it's a Cats fan who started the topic.

Reply #253618 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

He's obviously an emotional player. If it's channelled the right way, he'll be fine.

And let's face it; NBL refs are ridiculously frustrating at the best of times in regards to consistency. It's enough to make anyone tear their hair out, especially if you're not used to it.

Let's see how he responds tomorrow night.

P.S XztatiK - cheque is in the mail for keeping 'The Pitbull' nickname going.

Reply #253619 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Haha did you read that other thread Loco, had to apologize for giving Jack Toft credit for that nickname instead of you.

Reply #253620 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

lol Nah, missed it man.

Reply #253621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron James did the same thing when Cleveland got eliminated from the NBA Finals last season too....does that make him a sook?

Awvee Storey did the same thing against the Sixers in Adelaide....does that make him a sook?

I'm sure there are plenty more examples...

I think you will find all of these guys are extreme competitors that want to win and when they dont they hold themselves responsible and thus are so disgusted in themselves they forget etiquette.

Call him and others a sook if you like but these are the type of players I want on my team....they are winners and they take the losses personally! Now I cant wait to see how he responds this Wed and the next time he plays against the Cats!!

Reply #253625 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Anon answer to your question is yes and yes.
Le Bron has the game to overcome such petulance. Awvee doesn't.
Haven't seen Gilchrist so can't comment.
Do you think he has the game to overcome his emotion? Time will tell!

Reply #253629 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Everyone has the right to let off steam. It releases the pressure. Doesn't necessarily make you a sook, it makes people aware that you are fed up and not going to put up with bullshit sitting down. Letting the refs know you have a problem with a certain call may not necessarily make them reverse the call, but perhaps makes them question whether it was the right call or not and then learn from it.

Reply #253631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers need to realise Adam Ballinger is by far the best player on they're team and that John Gilchist and Cortez Groves are great late clock options but are taking way too many long jump shots. Cortez looks dangerous driving to the bucket as does Gilly, however when they're trying to shake and shoot the long ball the team breaks down. Either get to the rack or establish Ballinger down low and in pick and pop situations.

Reply #253634 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anon, fair enough criticizing Cortez' shot choice but the amount of open threes that Pitbull has passed up is crazy. I wouldn't say he's settling for the outside shot too much at all.

Reply #253636 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I have seen so few outside shots from both Gilly and Cortez I'm yet to decide if they can shoot from out there or not!

I do agree though that they need to get Balls more shots and that at times Groves has shown a tendency to overdribble in trying to create a shot. We tend to stagnate when that happens so he needs to reset and move the ball on better as Gilchrist was doing in the Breakers game.

Reply #253643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everytime craptose groves shot the rock, as cat fan i was'nt to dis-pleased it meant aother long range brick.....

Reply #253651 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Game or not, Lebron's behaviour last season was sooky for sure. More than once.

He needs to show more maturity this season.

Reply #253725 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Part of my reason for singling out Ng as a clutch player against Townsville was his decision making.

Even whilst hot, he looked to pump inside to Ballinger when it was the better option. Plus he looked far more composed in a pressure situation than a couple of the other guys. Confidence down the stretch is a huge asset.

Reply #253733 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Craptose" Groves. Really?

Reply #253734 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Who the hell gets drunk at 4.21pm on a Wednesday afternoon anyway?

Reply #253737 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Oh no, wait, that's 4.21 AM. My bad. By all means, continue posting.

Reply #253738 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Haaahahahaha! Makes sense now.

Reply #253741 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What's wrong with getting drunk at 4.21 on a Wednesday??

Reply #253744 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

wots wrong with being drunk 24/7?????

Reply #253897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754