Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball Video Editing - Mac vs PC

Hoping for some advice because i'm lost amid too many technical terminologies.

I tape all video games i coach in. I use a Hard Drive camera. I also wanted to use Adobe Premiere to edit, but when i started editing i found that it distorted the quality of the clips i took so badly that it was unwatchable and of really poor quality.

Is this because i'm using Hard Drive and not a tape?

Also, does anyone use a Mac to do video editing with basketball? Is it any good? I'm thinking about buying a Mac purely for video editing, but it would need to be compatible with my Hard Drive camera and not distort the image.

If ANYONE can give ANY info or help on this it would be hugely appreciated.

Topic #21345 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

Try Using MotionClip, good software

Reply #253679 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I use CyberLink Power Director (PC) to edit videos with.
Is quite good, basics are easy enough to do, advanced stuff takes some learning.

Reply #253682 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

I use a Mac, with iMovie 09 for Hawks vids...

Nothing ground breaking, but its quick and easy.

Trying to learn Final Cut

Reply #253699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what about filming with a hard drive? Will it effect the quality like it did on a PC? Because thats my real sticking point at the moment.

Reply #253700 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

We use a JVC Everio HD with Hard-drive and Canon EOS 7D with Compact Flash memory card.

Being on a hard drive doesn't quality worse quality to the naked eye...technically, and to a trained eye film is better, but just about all online amateur content would be digital.

Reply #253707 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Oooh, 7D, nice.

Reply #253751 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754