Quagmire
Years ago

Who would you pick- Boozer or Amare?

If you could pick one or the other for your team, which do you pick and why?

Salaries not withstanding.

Purely hypothetical as if they were both available in an expansion draft type scenario.

Topic #21352 | Report this topic

M0PPA  
Years ago

I'd take Booze. Anyday!

Reply #253745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both flourish with excellent passing and scoring point guards in the pick and roll. Both can drill the mid-range jump shot. Amare is a better free throw shooter and more athletic. He also is an inch taller. Boozer is more powerful and solid down in the block. Boozer will also get you more boards:
Scoring: Amare is a consistent 22+ man. Booze is a 20 and 10 man
Boards: Boozer will get you two or three more per.
Defense: Boozer is a strong, solid low post defender.
Athletic: Stoudemire wins in a cake walk.
Leadership: Neither displays a lot of team qualities.
Longevity: Amare wins just. Both are solid and reliable.

Reply #253747 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'd take Amare but I bleed Orange ;)

Reply #253753 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

What a horrible choice! :-{

Injury prone, athletic big man who plays no D!

OR

Undersized PF who leaves you exposed defensively against marquee big men and has zero loyalty to your franchise!

I'll take option C thanks!

Reply #253757 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Amare because I know him :-P

Reply #253811 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Amare..... He is elite !

Has Boozer ever blocked a shot...???

Reply #253818 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

You're not elite if you don't play defence!

Reply #253820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bloody tough choice between the two...

If given the right scenario and coaching personnel, could Amare actually play some D?

Reply #253854 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I get the feeling we have seen the best of Boozer. He will never be a shot blocker down low, he is too short and lacks hops. He does get steals, much like Malone did, which is really better for the team right? I mean a block is good, but it usually ends up out of bounds or back in the other teams hands... A steal however, gives your team a new possession...

We have not seen the best of Amare...but who says we ever will? I can't see him responding to tough coaching, like the kind Sloan dishes out. I would guess only Phil Jax with his zen stuff could get him producing.

I'm leaning towards Carlos. I think with a good Def Center to play alongside, he would make a championship caliber front court.

Reply #253915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AMARE

Reply #254288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:57 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754