Anonymous
Years ago

36ers TV Ad

(If this has been done before feel free to delete but couldn't see anything on it here)

Recently came across this 36ers ad on youtube. Its extremely well made and professional, especially compared to previous season amateurish rubbish.

Thoughts on the ad?
Anyone know who is responsible for the making of it? Clearly someone different to previous years.
Anyone actually seen it on TV or is it just an ad for the internet?

Topic #21377 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Not bad!

Reply #254180 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Made by someone in Sydney for ProTicket.

Reply #254182 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

yeaaahhh that's pimp as!

Reply #254183 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Meh.

What's with the ads not showing actual game footage? Not sure why a bunch of training shots and players running up stairs would want to make people attend.

Reply #254192 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Footage was shot before the season started - no game footage in the new singlets, etc.

Reply #254193 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

....Right.

So showing the current seasons jerseys is going to get people along to games is it? A better idea to show one of our imports six pack while he does a sit up?

Consider the following:

- 4 championships
- Some of the NBL greats played for us (Green, Davis, Maher)
- A new captain who was club MVP last year
- 3 members of last seasons champions
- Strong South Aussie contingent (Hill, Ng, Holmes)
- A game attended by EIGHT THOUSAND people last season, and another the season before.

I'm sorry for the negativity, but unless there was absolutely no way any of that footage could be made available (which I highly doubt), then it really is a second rate concept for a commercial.

I mean seriously, if you make a commercial for Mercedes E class, are you going to show workers in the factory building it, or are you going to show the thing in all its glory driving along impossible landscapes?

Let it not be said that all I do is complain. Here you go, here's an idea right now:

A "transitions" commercial; footage of some 1986 highlights and the title...the names of some of the 86 greats roll down the side of the screen...

Fade to the 1998 championship team; a couple of highlights (Rillie to Cattalini alley-oop sticks out in my mind), shot of them holding the trophy...the names Maher, Davis, Ninnis etc roll down the screen...fade to the 1999 championship team...similar concept.

Fade to the 2002 title..some Farley and Maher highlights...

Big letters fill the screen - 2009.

Shots of Ballinger doing his thing from last season; a Hill dunk off the lob etc.

Text: NEW IMPORTS (generic training or press pics for Gilchrist, action shot of Groves)
Text: NEW CAPTAIN (Action shots of Ballinger)
Text: SOUTH AUSTRALIAN PRIDE (press or action shots of Holmes, Hill, Ng)

Fade out to a shot to a jam packed Dome
Text: SAME EXCITEMENT, SAME TRADITION
Text: Adelaide 36ers - Get on board for 2009/10!

Reply #254199 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

"I stood and I applauded".

Now THAT is an advert I'd be proud of.

Reply #254201 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Is it normal to feel aroused after that?!

Reply #254209 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Not bad Black Duckula! Might not get all that in a 30 sec commercial but you could get a could chunk.

I don't mind the add, but the image of Balls stretching for a jam makes me laugh. I'd love to see the Ng to Groves alley oop in an ad quick smart!

Reply #254210 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

It's good. Really good,

Swap the footage from training (with empty stands in the background) with some true game footage and its a winner.

Reply #254214 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dracula, the ad wasn't made at the direction of the 36ers but for free by the ticketing agency. Did you see the ad made by Venuetix last season? No, me either.

ProTicket handled it and provided some funds to cover it being used to advertise a couple of 'major' games during the season.

It's a step up from past ads, that's for sure.

Reply #254530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754