curtley
Years ago

If Bogut was in West would he make all star team?

With Shaq and Howard in the East and Yao out for season, Bogut would surely be chance to make team if he posted 15 and 10.

Topic #21388 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

If he can play 80 games - yes! If he's part of a winning team - Yes!

Reply #254262 | Report this post

boom  
Years ago

orbit hit it on the head!! maybe he could try to be a bit more likable as a person as well! people (and even coaches) want to see allstar players that they actually like and can be entertained by!! not just boring stats!

Reply #254263 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

no, if NBA is a Australian league then yes. he's viewed as a solid role player but not star caliber. even today there's still quite a lot of articles out there calling him a bust.I don't think he is one but just not a #1 pick.

Reply #254267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes if he played in west australia he would make the SBL All Star team, I think.

Reply #254271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al jefferson, bynum and now a reborn and healthy greg oden are all alot better.then there is okafor and marc gasol. heck haddadi is better then bogut. he is very overrated

Reply #254281 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Bogut really needs a break out season this year & to overcome his injuries. He is a solid role player when fully fit but I would not say he is an all star at this stage of his career

Reply #254293 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

He needs to be used more. When Redd goes off the damn floor they win because Redd is a shitter version of Bryant well tries do the same stuff but obviously cant. Bogut would easily go for 15 10 a night if they gave him the ball.

Reply #254360 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

i agree, i think the critics have moved past calling him a bust, and most seem to be calling for bogut to get more shots. the general consensus seems to be if he can get 10 - 15 shots a game he'll convert on 75% of them.

Reply #254428 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

William 34, Bogut will definitely be an allstar if he puts up 10 plus shots a game at a 75% clip! No-one shoots that well!

If he can stay healthy, I think 14 pts, 11 reb and 1.5 blocks is very realistic for him this year. If he can get those numbers over a full season, then I think he and the Bucks will be very happy.

He wouldn't make the all star team in the West either though, because he's got Jefferson and Bynum that will be clearly ahead of him and perhaps Stoudemire as well if he is classed as a centre. Oden might pass Bogut this season if his pre-season form is anything to go by, but I think I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season on that one.

Reply #254432 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

William 34, Bogut will definitely be an allstar if he puts up 10 plus shots a game at a 75% clip! No-one shoots that well!

If he can stay healthy, I think 14 pts, 11 reb and 1.5 blocks is very realistic for him this year. If he can get those numbers over a full season, then I think he and the Bucks will be very happy.

He wouldn't make the all star team in the West either though, because he's got Jefferson and Bynum that will be clearly ahead of him and perhaps Stoudemire as well if he is classed as a centre. Oden might pass Bogut this season if his pre-season form is anything to go by, but I think I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season on that one.

Reply #254433 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

LOL.

Al Jefferson
Andris Biedrins
Nene
Andrew Bynum
Emeka Okafor
Tim Duncan
Greg Oden
Mehmet Okur
Marcus Camby

ALL better than Bogut.

Reply #254449 | Report this post

Warhead Sour  
Years ago

Bogut OWNS Timmy D

Reply #254475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

andrews defence and rebounding has been top notch this pre season, DPOY worthy..he just needs to be more aggressive on offence...ask any bucks fan and they will say he is their MVP

Reply #254484 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

The Bucks will be in a hell hole if Bogut is their best player.

Reply #254485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timmy Duggan?? And add Joel Prybilla to the list. A center who plays D.

Reply #254486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754