william 34
Years ago

Tigers@Perth

enough with the weigh puns, please.

Topic #21397 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good does it look when so many in the crowd have the team red on. Thats something we should be trying to do here in adelaide and make it that much more intimidating for the opposition.

Reply #254491 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Don't think Gaze or Russell are too keen on all the music.

Reply #254492 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I'm with Gaze and D-Russ on that one.

Awesome game in spite of that.

Reply #254494 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

close game all the way...3 in in it with less than 1min to go...

Reply #254496 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Two good teams going at it. Home side just by 3.
Melbourne couldn't play any better, just few too many TO's.Big game for Daniel Johnson, 15 points.
Lisch decisive down stretch.

Reply #254497 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Wow! Lisch loves Foxtel.

Terrible shot by Kendall at the end there, put up a runner when he still had 5secs to find a better shot.

See Wortho go down like a sack of bricks at the end of the 2nd? Hit the ground as soon as he felt a little touch to his hair - was very Ginobili.

Reply #254502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just what the NBL needs. I assume there was a decent audience, a packed house, loud crowd and most importantly, a GREAT game.

The best players from both teams stood up and were counted for.

Redhage was his usual self with 15 (6-11), 10 boards and 3 assists.
Lisch was awesome in the last quarter, especially breaking down his man one on one. Ended up with 21 points (8-12) and 4 assists.
Wagstaff was ROY material again, 14 and 6 in limited time.

Kendall was great until a rushed game winning attempt. had 19, 4 and 4.
Worthington was MVP material again with 19, especially clutch again and 7 boards.
Daniel Johnson broke out in his home state with 15 early points and 3 steals.

Reply #254508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch's 11 points in the last 2 minutes and 40 seconds was the diffrence. he also had 8 points in the last minute. just incridible. Tigers could'nt or cant play any better.

Reply #254509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Fox guys said it was a sellout.

Reply #254510 | Report this post

Kermit^  
Years ago

Question to anyone who watched the game on Fox - did you find the Audio and Video "glitchy"?

Thanks!

Reply #254513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic game to watch. I'm not sure why people are saying the tigers can't play any better. Their injury interrupted pre season (and start to the season) with Worthington, Croswell and Greer out means they haven't been able to train and gel together properly as a team. All three of those players are still struggling and with Croswell and Worthington not able to train at the moment, I think they'll only get better.

Reply #254519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reason so many wildcats fans wear tshirts is because they sell them for $15 or 2 for $25 (compared to the sixers which are $35 and look pretty cheap).

The audio and video on Fox wasn't glitchy for me.

Reply #254522 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

are the Perth fans the best in OZ apart from the SA Fans?

Reply #254535 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Melbourne rallied so many times just to stay in the game.
Offensively I don't think they can get better.
They had too many TO's, but they shot at their limit.
Production from most of the team lightened Worthington's load gave them a shot at winning it and that's all you can ask on the road.
Perth can improve because Schensher was saddled with fouls and along with Cattalini didn't make too much impact.
But Lisch, Wagstaff, Weigh all lifted their game.
They look like they won't have trouble putting points on board.
Their man defense needs tidying up though, they gave up some ridiculously easy lay ups.

Reply #254537 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Agree what a great game to promote NBL .
Sell out crowd with lots of colour and noise.
Good presentation with great bright professional signs down side of court etc.
Great game with good shooting under pressure.
Good to see qlty young aussies peform in a tough game Weigh , Wagstaff, Johnson and now after Sixer game and this one rate Crosswell a lot more gets the job done effiently and quickly.
Although Perth only just won at home they seem to have lots of options and going to raid piggy bank to put some money on them to win ( this thing ).

Reply #254556 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Right about Crosswell. Usually quite composed.
He has a stabilising effect on Kendall who can get out of control at times.
I see Crosswell went off with an injury of some sort during the game. Could this have effected the Tigers down the stretch?

Reply #254573 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes he did Bill and went staight down to rooms but wasnt off very long before coming back and was there at the end

Reply #254579 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Thanks for that.
So not a factor in outcome.

Reply #254583 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

Cats look the goods right now they should almost be leading center bet to win the whole thing.

As a supporter its great to watch a team that is 9 deep and has no real weakness still think they should put Rogers on the long term injury list and get a top line import Sam Harris didn't play one minute last night so whats the point.

Reply #254594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754