curious
Years ago

Gilly - Good long range shooter or not?

Cant figure this guy out for long range shooting, certainly looked very suspect (if not terrible) at the home games from downtown and everyone was carrying on about how we are going to struggle becasue we have no 3 point shooting options outside of Ng and then I see he hit 5/6 3 pointers against cairns and i remember he had a pre season game when he did a similar thing!! He has also shot very poorly from the free throw line when i have seen him!!Can he shoot or what??

Topic #21401 | Report this topic

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I personally think he can but at the moment its a confidence issue, and he's just more comfortable driving to the hoop!

Reply #254554 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Plenty of rim action in one of those three pointers and a lucky drop... similar to the game winner here against the Crocs.. Sometimes he's gotta a bit of luck on his side and that's great. I like him,in particular when he was feeding Burston training.
Not a brilliant shooter. I don't think we got him for his long range shooting. He's good enough to get a few in - just enough to give his guard a second thought.

Reply #254557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally, despite the numbers I feel Cortezis a better shooter

Reply #254558 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He is.

Reply #254559 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Doesn't he have one of his hands heavily strapped?

Reply #254568 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah BF, he did in the last 2 home games, not sure about Saturday.

It's not a picture-perfect shot but I'd call him an outside threat. I'll put it this way, if he was a player in NBA Live I'd rate him 68 for threes ;)

Reply #254571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His right hand I think.

Reply #254572 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If he has some confidence his 3 point shot is alright otherwise (like against Melbourne) he looks like a 6'2 version of Hodge shooting the 3 :P

Reply #254584 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Camel, I hope you're right about Cortez being a better shooter, because I reckon Gilchrist seems solid so far and thats all we need from both - just to keep defences honest!

Interesting that you mention Gizmo (I'm pushing a rival nick for him Xztatik!) was feeding Burston nicely in training. I've been thinking that is one of the key things our offence is missing - it was very frustrating at the Melbourne game when guys repeatedly beat their man into the paint but were forced to take poor shots because there was no-one there for the quick dish!

Reply #254586 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Gizmo? Loco, should we snub this guy out..

Gotta admit I'm starting to like Chillchrist, or Chilly...

No, it's Pitbull!

Reply #254589 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

very rarely do nicknames get a second chance!!! i dont really love it but i think pitbull has stuck!! lets embrace it!

Reply #254602 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Pitbull sucks, sorry refuse to use it.

Reply #254606 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Vanexel, go with the Gizmo like me! :P

We all saw it on that clip by Fox last week - they poured water on him and he multiplied on court.

Then everyone fed him a big shite sandwich after the Tigers game and his inner Gremlin came out against the Taipans!

Reply #254612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754