Anonymous
Years ago

Is there a cut off time to be out of stadiums

Should you be able to turn the lights out when the game has only just finished 3 minutes ago. Should there be an amount of time so at the least the players can get changed if required. Very rude whom ever did it on Friday night.

Topic #21409 | Report this topic

Nix 27  
Years ago

location location location

Reply #254653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they might mean Marion.

There were about 50-60 people still in the stadium and they just shut the lights out.

You know in this day and age negligence and sue is thrown around like a tennis ball at a beach. However, having studied law, I would think that given the stadium was almost pitch black that if someone did fall over and break an ankle there could be case here for negligence.

Reply #254655 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It is a less than subtle tactic used to try and get people to leave quickly, right or wrong.

Reply #254656 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

I dare them to do it next time I'm there!

Reply #254663 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Why? Do you have night vision goggles?

Reply #254665 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

That being said, I use to work at a Stadium, and it can be very annoying when after a long shift at around 10 or 11pm at night, you have to stand around and wait for the players/spectators who stand around and chat.

I agree, in this instance it does sound like this person turned the lights off way to quickly post game, but I have some sympathy for the employee aswell having been in the same situation myself.

Reply #254669 | Report this post

Nix 27  
Years ago

risking legal big time if somebody was to be injured - cant SEE any way around that

Reply #254670 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I tool have had to do the lock up a number of times over the years, and I used to turn SOME of the lights off, leaving enough light to see and remain safe and yet send the message to everyone that it is now time to make your way to the exit...

Reply #254678 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

I should have clarified, thats what I use to do too LC. I find it hard to believe that this person turned ALL the lights off at once so it was pitch black.

Reply #254685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well pretty funny I was there at the end of the night and they left the lights on the back so people could still see but got the message. So next time (a) bring a tourch or (b) get to the stadium at 4:30 in the arvo when the employees get there, then when its time to leave see how you feel, maybe you might sympathize with the employee.

Reply #254732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754