curtley
Years ago

Cannons a chance of revival after 2010.

This article in the Canberra Times states the Cannons could be reinstated after Sydney and Brisbane join the league (possibly next year for Syd and Brisbane).

I think this should be considered if the team is essentially an AIS team made of the best Aussie players under the age of 23. Once they are above the age of 23 for example they should be chased by the rest of the league or fill one of two spots for players over 23. If they recieve Uni degrees at one of the 2 degrees in canberra, this fee can be taken out of the salary cap or something like that. Playing in the pro league here would make them better players and the reputation the AIS has in the states would be just as good as one of the medium or small colleges in the US, not hurting their NBA chances.

http://linky.com.au/jq33q

Topic #21429 | Report this topic

Really  
Years ago

It would cost more to run an AIS type team than a normal team. Who is going pay the $millions for this?

Reply #254825 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Kate Ellis....... or Alan Bond

Reply #254826 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

And the chances of either?.... SFA

Reply #254832 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

And what AIS players would want to play in the NBL? Destroy chances of college

Reply #254833 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't they already get an exemption to play in the SEABL?

That aside, I don't think it'd work - they'd get thrashed.

Reply #254837 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Struggle they would...

Reply #254840 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I actually meant any player under 23 that went to the AIS, obviously the current team would get smacked.

Reply #254877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754