yogee
Years ago

Funny Chat with the CEO

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Topic #2148 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

I should mention that these meetings will also be attended by other members of the management team, so your questions can be as broad as you may want them to be.

Reply #24334 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

ASk them
1. why they are so slow in getting news to the media
2. Why they put ticket prices up
3. what is being done to improve the catering at the dome
4. why they allow incorrect game times to be advertised

will post more q's as i think of them

Reply #24336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody Hell!

Reply #24338 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Kent, if you can fire them off in an email to me, so I can print out the mails and take them with me when I have my meeeting :)

Reply #24339 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why don't you start with a congratulations on the performance of the team this last season. It was a huge improvement on the previous season. The right players were signed up giving us a team that we are now reluctant to change too radically. Something was was done right there. This team had the potential to go all the way. The finals format is what stood in the way not Sixers management.

Reply #24341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what was your favourite episode of half-time entertainment this year:

- the sandwich making competition

- the blindfolded find-the-inflatable coke-bottles competition

- mark davis taking a half-court shot, followed by a few minutes of nothing

Reply #24347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh, and will this "monthly chat" last longer than dj's corner, team trash talk and what's happening?

Reply #24348 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I certainly hope it will.

It may not be monthly, as obviously some times there may be nothing to discuss, and I also need to arrange time that are convenient to both myself (with my normal employment) and also the club.

But please people, if you have things to raise, I do ask that you email them, as it will be easier for me to just print them out, rather than have to read through these threads and write them out.

Also, I am willing to ask (and respond) to you in your name, or anonymously, if you would rather.

Reply #24354 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you'll be better off taking questions from here as well as you'll get anonymous posts (see above) from people not wanting to reveal their identity. Not hard to copy/paste into a Word document and then print those.

Anyway, my questions are:

1. What do you think have been the successes of the 2004/05 season?

2. What do you think have been the not-so-much successes of the 2004/05 season?

3. What will be your top three areas of focus for improvement in 2005/06?

Reply #24357 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Ok, Ill take them in here as well then.

Isaac, maybe we could get this with a little basketball, and dated so it stays near the top of the forum??

The club has been good enough to give us, the fans, a forum in which they are willing to discuss our concerns, now we need to use the oppurtunity people!

Reply #24359 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

are there any strategies regarding local stadium renovations / development?

would consideration be given to teams from mildura or mt gambier moving from SEABL?

Reply #24364 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The club has been good enough to give us, the fans, a forum in which they are willing to discuss our concerns, now we need to use the oppurtunity people!

Yogee, hate to be pessimistic, but did that work with the 36ERS' official forum which would surely be the first place the club would make this type of effort? No official response from the club there to threads about catering, 11 week merchandise delays and bad service, inaccurate information about crowds, etc.

Reply #24367 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well, thats something I will be bringing up :)

Reply #24368 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's been brought up before a number of times with no change. Good luck.

Reply #24370 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Nah, leave Mount Gambier alone. We're happy in the SEABL. Get a Riverland team back in it and perhaps one from Port Augusta if you're desperate for travel.

Reply #24391 | Report this post

sc  
Years ago

Yogee,

Could you ask what the situation is with the team photos under the Apollo restaurant.

Is there any plan to update the last 3 years that are missing?

If not, they have ruined it for good.

Reply #24406 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Ask him when is he going to resign to help basketball in SA.

Reply #24411 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Yogee,

On the serious side, I'd like to know what is being done to rid basketball of the noose around its neck (ie being held by the state government).

Organisations with large debts (and in reality, this isn't THAT large) work feverishly to rid themselves of that debt. I just don't see it happening. They need some radical, innovative thinking and to date, it seems to be the same ho-hum ideas from the same ho-hum people. My biggest concern there is that it's always basketball people being employed for basketball jobs. If you want business decisions, you need business people.

Also, the stadium is in need of refurbishment but again, this is a money thing. They really need to stick it to the government and start hiring the venue out for other activities. I know they do already (eg JW convention, lawn bowls, visiting overseas teams in a variety of sports), but they need to do more and challenge the government on this.

"You say we have a debt and we must repay it, but then you limit our ability to do so. Well, it's our debt, it's our stadium, we'll do it our way, there's an election coming up and if you want bad publicity Media Mike (and we all know he doesn't), then challenge us. We're booking events and let's see where it ends up." Something along the lines of this, in a diplomatic manner of course, might change the status quo .... and that's what's needed.

And then re-consider the governance arrangements between BASA, the Lightning and the 36ers. Is it working? Should they be separate entities with nothing to do with each other or be partially linked like they are now? Can we pursue private ownership (the debt isn't that big)?

And finally, in terms of getting people back to the stadium - drop the damn prices until it fills again (supply and demand), and do everything you can to get the Lightning back to the venue.

PS. Happy staff = equal happy customers. Your staff are not happy. Might want to do some morale building as well and perhaps guarantee pay, leave entitlements and a safe, friendly working environment. My mail is that this just isn't there. Hire managers with real management abilities.

There endeth the sermon and yes, I've emailed this to you too.

Reply #24412 | Report this post

mixmasterwipe  
Years ago

Talking about the stadium,why havent the team photos been kept up to date?
I know this issue has been brought up many times before,but still no action.
Maybe they have realised that the pictures are TOO BIG and they will run out of room soon!
Why not make the pictures smaller and put them around the stadium?
You could move the lightning pictures to the lighthouse for a start!

Reply #24414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he can just share with us his plan so that we can all understand how he will build the 36ers into a strong business with a growing number of supporters and sponsors ?
Is there a plan ?

Reply #24730 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Catering stinks !! i agree

Moses ... you make some good sense! Lower prices .. hire business people who will lead not follow in a committee situation ... too many bleeding hearts ... and state govt meddling .. God forbid we would have success on AND OFF the court!

Reply #24788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754