gayness
Years ago

why do only sasi people make state

i think people are good enough should make state dont you?

Topic #2149 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

I agree - sounds like you are a bit put out by something.

There is a clear pecking order or structure to getting places in basketball in SA - I would suggest make the system work for you - do not try to change the sytem to suit you.

There are many in Div 2 or even 3 in many grades that would or could be just a good as that top 15 that make state / 36ers / lightning / AIS etc

It appears to me often you have to be prepared to live the culture to the absoloute to make the elite levels.

If you can't make SASI or State - keeping trying - never give up - or accept the level that you are at and take up something else that may satisfy your ambitions - do not rely on basketball to deliver - unless your intuition is right on your future.

we all know the politics of the situation

Reply #24342 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

I am aware of a player who never got a look in at State Trials and always trialled in Club Uniform. As in, was in the first group to be cut.
Decided to trial in his College uniform as 2nd Year U18 and made the team.
Fixed views of selectors maybe

Reply #24349 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

all i can say is step back and make it work for you - remember many more do not make it than do.

be clever - remember SASI are living the dream

Reply #24350 | Report this post

professor Shot  
Years ago

Hmmm not only sasi ppl who play for certain clubs not naming any clubs STURT and NORTH seem to get in quite regularly hmm the others miss out seems slightly biased

Reply #24369 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

if you witnessed the program and the amount of training the girls do at sturt - you would understand

the focus is very good at the sabres and they will be awesome over the next decade.

I have very good knowledge of what is going on elsewhere and now Paul is back a very holistic program towards development is getting into full swing.

Reply #24373 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

Coaching staff from SASI and state programs have had numerous contacts with me about different kids in our program (which is in the bottom 3 in the age group). One of these kids is now in SASI. You have to give credit where its due and state coaches go out of their way to get feedback from their fellow club coaches which no doubt plays a part in their player assesment.

At a previous club I was at we had the 36ers ZONE come out and do some physiological testing for kids U12 - U18s. Our Coaching Director was contacted by Gliddon and they discussed the results of some of the players which were standouts.

My question is if your that good why is you club not identifying you?

If your lucky to make SASI at U16 level your game is more likely to develop faster than those that dont. However, many other clubs are now setting up their own SASI type programs internally to address this.

Reply #24448 | Report this post

above the rim  
Years ago

I think in most cases the best players get picked for state. Im pretty sure there was players picked last year that werent in sasi!

Reply #24623 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

It makes sense that a majority of players picked for state teams are from the SASI program, as that is part of the Elite training program for the best junior basketballers in the state...

Reply #24625 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

would not say the best - but the luckiest that become the best

Reply #24628 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

SO many sour grapes on this issue .. The kids that get picked work really hard and deserve any future accolades and selections they get .. BUT .. having witnessed and attended some SASI trainings early on in my life ... i can see that being yelled at... and drilled till you drop can be harmful too ..
What the, you need to lighten up .. the 'luckiest' ???.. WHAT THE !!!

Reply #24651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it justifies sasi being there if coaches didnt pick sasi players theyd lose their sasi jobs why would people bother goin then

Reply #27704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754