LC
Years ago

Lakers vs Rockets (5-Nov)

Amazing game on at the moment...the over-achieving Rockets (3-1) are pushing the Lakers (3-1) all the way. Ariza hit a 3 against his old team with 14.2sec to go to tie it up and force OT!

Andersen has seen limited action (6min) so far. Rockets have led for most of the game.

Kobe has 35. Rockets have 6 players scoring in double figures.

Topic #21510 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Ariza, with ball in hand down by 1 has a chance to win the game...has the ball stolen by Fisher and the Lakers win by 1.

Reply #255799 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fish did absolutely nothing except for the most important play of the game.

Reply #255800 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Overtime game, 35ish minutes, and Fisher had 0 points, 0 rebounds and 0 assists. How often does that happen?!

Reply #255805 | Report this post

Pallas 55  
Years ago

Fish aint out there to do much more than be a floor leader that is willing to put his body on the line!! Bynum is doing a fantastic job!! Rockets did a great job to compete that well considering they essentially only ran 7 players!!

Reply #255806 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

How does a floor leader get zeroes in the three major categories?

Reply #255834 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Just as long as he keeps making the big plays in the playoffs!

Reply #255839 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Just caught the replay, refs were almost as clueless as the angry old man standing up in his hollywood seat. Great plays by RonRon and Fish late in the game.

Reply #255857 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

If you play good defense, move the ball, dont turn it over, and keep up the talk on court, how can you argue with that? When you have Bynumm Odom Artest and the greatest player in the world playing alongside you then you can understand his role.

Sure stats are a good indication of good play, however its missed shots and turnovers which indicate a bad game IMO not a lack of other numbers. Afterall it's a team game and his team won

Reply #255865 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Fish is one dude that all in the locker have full respect to. his presence is more off than on court even with that said, do you guys really want Lakers to have a star pg like CP3 or something? if there's an upgrade at the 1 spot Lakers would literally tear the league apart.

on the side note, i been hearing a lot of Lebron to Lakers rumour of late, if that happens...SHOWTIME

Reply #255873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought Fisher's speech before the championship banner was revealed as great - to the point, comfortable, and said all the right things.

Reply #255886 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Still can't see the Lakers beating a healthy Boston in a seven game series though.

Reply #255887 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

honestly, watching Lakers game it doesn't seem like we'll beat anybody but hey we'll somehow get the job done at the end.

that finals last year I actually thought C's were going to win though we were the favourites. but with maturation of Bynum etc. I really think Lakers are favourites nowadays.

those two regular season games last season was almost at playoff intensity and Lakers swept the C's, perhaps review that and win 7 game series will seem very much possible.

Reply #255890 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Issac- Maurice Evans once bought Derek Fisher a motivational speaker course, suggesting he can go into that once his career is over.

Reply #255891 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

I really hope the rumours of Lebron to Lakers are true! Who would the Lakers have to give up though and how would they stay below the salary cap?

Reply #255892 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Lockie- rumour is Bynum & Artest/Odom. I know that's a lot to give up but hey I think it's worth it (that's coming from big Bynum fan) for the long term. Bynum is obviously going to be a solid player at the very least but Lebron is already a proven superstar.

Reply #255894 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

That is alot to give up. Not sure I would like to give up Bynum but I guess the Lakers could always try to develop another Centre.

Hopefully they take Artest and not Odom.

What are your thoughts with Farmar LA Boy? I am disappointed he hasn't come on as much as I thought he would have.

Reply #255899 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I'm not sure if Jordan'd be in Lakers uniform come trade deadline. he's mentally pretty disrupted right now. what's going to be key is what's gonna happen once Pau comes back. I hope he's going to do well but if not I don't think it'll matter for Lakers with Shannon stepping in fairly comfortably.

On the other hand, it may even be a good thing to get rid of Jordan which will mean more consistent minutes for Shannon and less interfered playtime (as a player you hate to be subbed off when you've just warmed up) while better expect your role come each game time. *Sasha can step in at one if injury is to arise.

I too don't want to give up Bynum but are you saying to me you'd rather take Bynum over Lebron?!?! you got to be out of your mind!!!

1/ age wise Lebron's only 2yrs older but already a guaranteed superstar and bound for future hall of fame.

2/ what Lebron going to give you is much more of a headache than Bynum. what are they going to do? double Lebron and Kobe and free up Pau and Odom?

3/ it'll pretty much fix up the 1 spot that's somewhat troublesome for Lakers.

4/ with Kobe and Lebron on same team, you'll most likely draw other veterans. Shaq on my mind (don't give me he's useless comment, that's stupid).

5/ post-Kobe era certainly looked after, while I've heard Lakers are on Ricky Rubio's NBA shortlist (united with fellow Spaniard and much bigger market) for later years once Sota's contract is done.

Though I have a feeling if such trade is going ahead Cavs will want Odom not Artest for obvious reasons.

Reply #255909 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

I would take Lebron over Bynum any day of the week! I was just a bit concerned about the Centre position but can see Lebron will give alot more to the Lakers than what Bynum is offering. If we can lure another Centre, then that is even better.

I would love to see Shannon get more game time. I thought he really stepped it up when he was traded to the Lakers.

Reply #255914 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBA website have an article that suggests that LeBron James may in fact end up in LA alongside Kobe...written for Bulls.com by Sam Smith.

"Well, at least I'm fairly sure now where LeBron James is going to be playing next season. Los Angeles, most likely with the Lakers."

NBA Link: http://linky.com.au/f99ip

Reply #255917 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Lockie- what's the concern? think you forgot Pau Gasol?!?! Not to mention Josh is also clicking in recent times. Lebron makes anybody in NBA expendible.

LC- just read the article, I know one thing...Mitch is REALLY working hard to make it work. Though nothing is going to happen till February (if it is going to happen). Maybe even after the season via sign-and-trade.

Reply #255926 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

I know Pau is listed as a Centre as well, but I would have thought he is more suited to a Forward role though.

I would still be happy for Bynum and Artest or Odom to be traded for Lebron!

Reply #255931 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754