Isaac
Years ago

Tigers sign Julius Hodge

Tigers coach Al Westover:

"The plan is to get him here by Sunday."

They've agreed to terms, apparently.

And people were saying this was a dud season... Intriguing import coming in to the second-last team, every team has between 3-6 wins, etc.

Topic #21520 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

See the other thread from earlier today...

Reply #255941 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

It's on! I'm predicting a near sell-out for the Tigers next game here on the 5th Dec.

It will be fantastic to give him a hard time, yet see his sublime skills. The league needs continue attention in the spotlight of the media, and this will just be another great way of getting it.

Of course, Hodge can play as well as he likes, as long as the Sixers get the win!! ;P

It will be interesting though to see how he fits in considering what Mahersy and Ninnis reported about him after his departure and how that might fly with Westover and the boys.

Reply #255943 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Go McPeake.. Chase Hodge like you'd chase a cheeseburger...... Go all out.........

Reply #255944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not sure, perhaps this demonstrates a all Australian team won't work? obviously there's injuries.

Reply #255947 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hey TR, I'll give ya Melzer for your Waiver pick :P

Reply #255951 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Lose Anstey, Knight and your number 1 PG and any team wuld need help...

Reply #255954 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hell no X...... That waiver spot is the only shining light I have at the moment... If Hodge comes, my season turns around. I think a Michael Joiner for Julius Hodge swap is great...Melzer is a chump...

Reply #255956 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Let's hope he steps in and does for the Tigers what he did for the Sixers last season :-)

Reply #255957 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

He'll get paid on time at Melb so he'll perform.

Reply #255966 | Report this post

kmtw  
Years ago

He will kill off the little team chemistry the tigers have left.
what I wanted to know why change the systems that worked so well for years at the tigers?

Reply #255969 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Oh yeah! I hope Hodge gets 40 points and the Sixers win. Oh my!

Reply #255972 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

This saddens me.

Reply #255973 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Oh yeah! I hope Hodge gets 40 points and the Sixers win. Oh my!"

I hope he shoots 2/21 including 3 airballs and 6 turnovers and gets dunked on by Tez then gets booed out of the Dome, and the Sixers win... but that's just me.

Reply #255975 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Believe me X that's not just you.

Reply #255981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Orbit prove once again that you should never leave your computer unattended when there are 8 year olds in the room.

Reply #255987 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #255988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Answer two questions here...
The Tigers systems are not working because Westover relies heavily on the veterans teaching the new players the offensive structure and nuiances. Stephen Hoare, Chris Anstey, Dave Thomas and David Stiff are the players I am talking about. All had been with the team for a number of seasons, now all are eithe injured or gone and know one is there to teach. Also, the Tigers lack the power forward who can pass and create. (Hoare) and the big man to rely on for 20 and 10. (Anstey, Bradtke)

Hodge's inclusion is brilliant news for any fan other than Sixers fans. He is a brilliant player, can do everything except shoot and is a media circus. Everything the league needs. A superstar player and a superstar talker. He and Corey Williams are two of the best.

Reply #255989 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

This could be the first time we've heard the 'You are a Wanker' chant at the Dome in years!

Reply #255997 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'm thinking a giant inflatible bottle of poison...

Reply #255999 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

You've got to wonder how much pay Melbourne offered him to play. With Anstey, Worthington and MacKinnon already in the mix plus Melbourne's other players, are they likely to be over the cap again?

Bring on Dec 5. Can't wait to hear the reaction in the Dome!

Reply #256000 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

skip and the rest of the fantasy crew.....

I AM USING MY WAIVER RIGHTS TO PICK UP HODGE.......

Goodbye Mr Joiner.... waste of space....

Reply #256002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Julius is now on twitter, maybe we can all just be friends again and promise him a nice Adelaide welcome very soon... http://twitter.com/Follow24Hodge

I'm feeling the need to channel the big (kev) man up stairs... I'M EXCITED!!! lets get rowdy Dec 5!!!

Reply #256004 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

As I posted in the other thread:

Facebook Group:

'Julius Hodge, come back to the Dome with Melbourne... we dare ya!'

http://linky.com.au/vts8m

103 members in two days, and counting...

Reply #256006 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hehe, TR it don't count unless you put it in the Hoops FNBL thread! Better not miss your chance! ;-)

Reply #256008 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

I just wonder if he will ever play a playoff game in this league! I dont see it happening with the Tigers. He will take away so much from Wortho's game it will make Holmes 3ppg last season with him in the lineup look generous!

IMO think he's a cancer sugar coated with some nice personal stats. Very hard to forget the NYE loss to the GC which wouldve set us up for a good run, or the 2OT loss to the wildcats which he could not close out. Individually a freak of a player to watch, highlight after amazing highlight....BUT a winner Julius Hodge has NEVER proven to be.

Reply #256020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quasi, I'm pretty sure with Anstey being on the injured list he can be paid outside the salary cap. There's a real possibility he might not even play this season so the Tigers trying to fit in Hodge, Wortho and Sammy Mac (remember all previous contracts became void this offseason) might be somewhat legit.

Reply #256021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know for a fact that MacKinnon is not getting paid much. With his history of injuries/illness this was his last shot and the Tigers weren't prepared to pay him big money because of the risk factor. From last year, there's no Ere, Thomas, Barlow, Hoare and Anstey is currently injured. Worthington is the only new one in that roster commanding money so there's no way the tigers are over the salary cap (even with Hodge).

Reply #256031 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

His return is a media bonanza for the league...at least on the NBL scale of things...

Reply #256036 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The rumour is issues with the law? Anyone else heard that? Is that why he left the country in a hurry last time? Just rumour, but sometimes rumours turn out to be true.

Reply #256045 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Wow you Sixers fans are getting after this one!!!
Seems to me there are two possible results.

Scenario 1 Hodge comes in gets 20/8/5 and Tigers return to contenders.

Scenario 2. Tigers disintegrate with Hodge the catalyst. This seems the favoured option.

Surely Westover and Tigers have done their homework and make Hodge aware of expectations before he arrives and keep him on a tight leash???
If, I know this is not a given, Anstey gets back on court, Hodge only has to get them back in the playoff picture by Christmas and job done?

Reply #256046 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

My Mum is loving a new player to boo at... she's been at somewhat of a loss since Bradtke retired.

Reply #256053 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

just call him iverson, yeah he can play, can the team play with him tho?

Reply #256061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754