Isaac
Years ago

Crocs vs Taipans, Nov 11

Townsville got up 85-70 after their shocker against the Hawks last round. Boxscore

The win brings the Crocs into fourth spot while Adelaide hold on to third and should keep it short of a loss this week.

Cairns drop to 4-7.

Phill Jones paced the home side with 17 while the Crocs had 21 from Corey Williams, 20 from Michael Cedar and 16 from Russell Hinder. Townsville won every quarter.

Are Cairns the only team people would feel comfortable writing out of a play-off spot at this point?

Topic #21570 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

yep,cairns wont finish in the 4 this season.
they are paying the price for having too many patchy players.
mind you,i guess if you look at how much money was really spent on teams rosters its all relevant.

Reply #256987 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Was surprised to see Centrbet had Taipans favourites for this one.

Backed Crocs head to head and Crocs by 10.5+ @ $6

Can't see Taipans winning too many games. Catch a couple teams on off nights in scrappy matches is about all.

Crocs didn't play overly well, relied heavily on threes and long jumpers. Homicide off the bench made no difference to his game 21pts, Cedar continues to impress.

Reply #256988 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Already written off Cairns.
Can't score, can't defend, can't look after ball, imports can't contribute enough.

Shame because hey have decent support cast in Jones, Rychart, Crosswhite and Boodnikoof, but short of changing both imports they are wooden spooners.

Reply #256991 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Time to plan season 2011 for Cairns.

Where to people from Cairns go to on their holidays?

Reply #256992 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with the shared sentiments, Cairns are not a playoff team.

Reply #256993 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Rookie coach! Nothing wrong with that squad at all.

Reply #256995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rookie coach and slightly mediocre squad, but they're fairly competitive and doing it on a budget. Better that they stay in the comp than bow out.

They'd be spending on the team what they spent on just three players in the past. Crazy to think about.

Reply #256997 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

At this stage I think I'd be dumping both their 'budget' imports and combining that money to grab a dominant PG import who can take games into his own hands. A Homicide-type penatrating PG. They have a team full of role-players right now and no one who can step up and be the main guy.

Was good to see Rolan Roberts back to some form, he's the best shot-blocker in the league right now.

Refs terrible.

Reply #257011 | Report this post

mball  
Years ago

Was a sad sight for Taipans fans. We definitely need a dominant player or two. Something needs to change and soon.

Reply #257018 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

the most important thing at the moment is that the fans keep turning up and having fun.
no one really expected them to be in the top half of the league surely.
the squad they have put together is ok considering $$$

if crosswhite could give them more every night would be a good start.
but seriously they are mediocre in most positions.

x-the refs were terrible!!

mball-it is to late and $$ to change the team now!!

jtoft- i holidayed on gold coast last year,maybe nz
this year and also got my eye on turkey 2010 !!

Reply #257041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HA HA HA i went up from townsville for that game and i was the one booing the taipans free throws in the very quiet arena!! GO CROCS

Reply #257282 | Report this post

mball  
Years ago

At least we still have a team to support, win or lose, unlike some others.

I realise that there is no money to sack/sign players but the ones we have really need to step up. I don't think you can blame lack of effort on the coach, rookie or not.

I am just concerned that if we do keep losing there will be no support next season which would lead to no team.

Reply #257525 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Skip Mills is looking half decent now. He's athletic and works hard so he could be worth keeping.
Melzer has gone the other way and shoots poorly, can't get involved offensively, and really struggles to contribute at anything.

Team is constantly under pressure so that magnifies everyone's problems.

Ball handing is a constant headache and they desperately need Williams to step up. His decision making is not too flash. Mills not the answer at PG.

As stated above Crosswhite has struggled. Rychart and Jones are great suport acts but not suited to lead role.

Reply #257528 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754