BALLER#3
Years ago

Andersen should play more center for Houston

I think based on the numbers of some of his games (eg. Dallas Vs Houston, 11/11/09) David Anderson should get a lot more minutes in center.

Anderson is already improving so much, I reckon that he should get atleast 15 - 20 mins a game not 7 - 10 like he is now.

Topic #21580 | Report this topic

LA Boy  
Years ago

i thought he looked a bit undersized out there

Reply #257074 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I didnt think so

Reply #257075 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

you gotta remember he was matching up against nowitzki and dampier who are pretty big fellas

Reply #257076 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

and I think he's a PF/C?!? which is his primary position I believe and that's why I thought he look undersized...If you think them 2 boys are big I don't think you've seen real monsters.

Reply #257077 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

yer but they are about as big as u get till u get the freaks like shaq and yao.

Reply #257078 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

dude they're pretty average size for that position in the NBA. I've seen both of them up close too.

Reply #257079 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Yer thats what im saying Andersons what 6 11 or something and whats dampier 6 11 so there the same size. Then you get the handfull of centers that are or bigger then 7 1.

Reply #257080 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

sorry I meant width and strength wise, not height

Reply #257081 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Oh well yer Anderson is a stick compared to most off the guys then. I think he should stop trying for 3s though thats probably my only criticsm to his game right now

Reply #257083 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I had a discussion with somebody about it today, but it was about Anstey.

Reply #257084 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Yer I think Anstey is probably a little better 3 shooter but still do you really need your centres drifting that far from the basket.

Reply #257085 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Correction:

"Anstey *THINKS HE'S* a *FAR* better 3 shooter"

Reply #257100 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Did any of you see Anderson Post-up against Nowitzki?

The man has bloody good post moves and on at least 4 occasions "schooled" Dirk and Eric. Everyone has to keep in mind still that the style of play between NBA and Euro-league is quite different and Andersen's best weapon starting in the league is his play style.

Truth be told, it's a double edged sword really; the man could become a good offensive threat over the seasons in the NBA, but his more "aggressive" style of play will bone him over.

Reply #257110 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think he'll be a Divac. As far as Anstey, when your center is out of the 3s 24-7 who's going to rebound? Crosswell? Amare can shoot 3s too (remember he once made 31 NBA 3s in a row during practice) but you don't see him hovering around there.

Reply #257115 | Report this post

Go Ando  
Years ago

Re: posting up Nowitzki,

Andersen at one point made a sweet move on Nowitzki in the post, attempting to finish with a fade away in the key and Nowitzki virtually tore Andersen's arm off. The Mavs went on the break from Nowitzki's 'block' and predictably, Nowitzki finished off with a three sending the home crowd into rapture. It was the classic example of both home court advantage and the superstar getting the benefit of the calls at the expense of the rookie. Andersen was also called for at least two light or non existent fouls.

This is something that he will have to adjust to as I don't see it changing any time soon.

Reply #257124 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

he gets too many fouls atm :(

Reply #257130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754