The_Champ33
Years ago

Hornets fire Scott, name Bower coach

http://linky.com.au/xvvhs

I didn't expect to see a coach firing so soon and so early into the season. I don't agree with this one personally, but an NBA coaching gig is never secure anymore.

I'm a Byron Scott fan as both player and coach. Maybe the tension between him and CP3 has some truth in it.

What are other people's thoughts?

Topic #21584 | Report this topic

lo 57  
Years ago

My thoughts that the hornets were way underachieving!! 3-6 record with that team is nowhere good enough for a team that SHOULD be in the playoffs!!

Reply #257111 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think they are a team that has gone backwards in the west. No roster improvements in two seasons. Basically one superstar and a bunch of role players who have paled or are declining. Nothing to do with the coach , unless the recruiting starts and ends with him.

Reply #257113 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Backwards they have gone, not improvement have they made.

Reply #257116 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

George Shinn......... screwed up the Charlotte Hornets when they were one of the hottest teams in the league, and is now doing the same in New Orleans

Reply #257117 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Cheers for the daily dose of Yoda humour LC!

Reply #257120 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I really don't understand why you go through the rigamarole of off-season preparation, pre-season planning, and then fire a coach nine games in. That's barely 10% of the season... still plenty of time to turn things around! Smells like an ego problem from Shinn and mostly to do with personal rifts to me. As a massive Hornets fan, I'm pretty disappointed in this move - since when do abrupt personnel changes like this ever bring more harm than good? I'm thinking the CP3 era will pass without much to show for it for the Hornets.

Reply #257129 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I like how Charles put it, the Hornets simply over achieved in '07. it is not a good team other than CP3. I'm a big Byron fan and he's definitely on my list for one of the best coaches in the league.

Reply #257145 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Yeah, the problem is with a stale roster, not the coaching. Scott has proven to be a quality coach both with the Nets and the Hornets.

Scott will be okay, he'll land another job next season without any problem I'm sure.

In fact, I'd like to see him come to LA as an assistant coach. He'd be an awesome replacement when Phil Jackson hangs up his boots in a year or two. A quality coach AND a former player. That would be pretty nice.

But I dream...I'm sure it isn't going to happen. He's too good not to land another head coaching job between now and when Phil retires.

Reply #257189 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Strewth for a second, I thought they fired Scott (Ninnis) and named (Paul) Bauer coach. Damn that poor eyesight.

Reply #257284 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

now CP3 is down, we'll see how Hornets are going to go now!

Reply #257291 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754