Anonymous
Years ago

Most Friday night Junior games cancelled

Junior district games on Friday 13/11/2009, except those at Starplex (which is air conditioned) have been postponed.

This decision has been made in accordance with Basketball SA's Hot Weather policy and is based on a predicted maximum temperature as published in the Advertiser today of 39 degrees.

Topic #21585 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oh good, a make up game at Hillcrest. Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday

Reply #257122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

current prediction for next Thursday is 38 so we might have two rounds of Sunday catch up games

will BSA ever do something meaningful? time to bite the bullet and do some work getting funding to improve facilities!! Or make some changes to the summer comp, but then I spose making a decision which is good for basketball would cut into BSAs profits so that wont happen

Reply #257123 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Oh good, a make up game at Morphett Vale. Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

Reply #257127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all they need to do is put some fly wire on the doors at the stadiums, open them up and let some fresh air in

Reply #257135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack,

It could be worse - it could be Pasadena!!

Reply #257137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the cut off temperature BSA uses?

Reply #257143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

38 or above in the Advertiser that day.

Reply #257147 | Report this post

me2  
Years ago

BSA have just sent an email to all clubs -
Junior district games on Saturday 14/11/2009, have been postponed, irrespective of the temperature predicted in the Advertiser that day.
This decision has been made in accordance with Basketball SA's Hot Weather policy (available here) and is based on the expected high temperature in venues after a number days of hot weather.

Reply #257149 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

oh no catch up on christmas day
jingle jingle joe ingles

Reply #257158 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Oh good, a make up game at Port Adelaide. Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

Reply #257243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shot clock

As in most cases on this forum if people like yourself have nothing good to say about any venue best you say nothing. Stop for a moment and just enjoy watching your child play Basketball and forget what suburb they are playing in. All stadiums have managers and BASA have a huge input, so just maybe take your complaints to them and not on some mickey mouse forum.

Reply #257490 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Thats fair.What you cant tell is we are so HEAVILY involved we live there so it was a lot of sarcasm on my behalf after an 'eventful' HOT week for my family.I suppose you dont see what I see but I wrote that for a bit of parody.I hope your team wins?

Reply #257499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shot Clock

Explaination Fine, sorry i have only stumbled across this forum and in most cases its us against them and frankly they should just let the kids play and we parents do what we do best and just be parents.

Reply #257689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754