Isaac
Years ago

Wade's dunk on Varejao

The dunk itself doesn't spoil the game, but the highlights may have the score on screen.

Topic #21591 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

DW FTW OMFG LOL

Reply #257171 | Report this post

Brainz  
Years ago

Bang!

Reply #257172 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Varejao is my most hated player in the NBA, second is Ginobli.

Reply #257173 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Massive - just listen to the crowd when they see the replay on the big screen!

LOVE IT

I think Varejo might even have a smile on his face when one of his boys come to help him up - i think he knows he's going to be seeing that for a while!

Reply #257175 | Report this post

Colin  
Years ago

Saw this today and loved it !!

Reply #257176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could not have happened to a better defender. Varejao always expects more money each time his contract his up and he deserves to be put in his place.

Wade with EMPHASIS

Reply #257178 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Awe3ome!

Reply #257179 | Report this post

Allstars Cheat  
Years ago

I almost messed my pants when I saw this in real time but on the replay you can clearly see Wade grab Varejao's arm, pulling it aside to spoil his attempt to block. Varejao can never expect to get that call his way against D.Wade. Well, maybe in International ball, but never in the NBA.

Reply #257181 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Damn thats good!

Reply #257182 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"but on the replay you can clearly see Wade grab Varejao's arm, pulling it aside to spoil his attempt to block."

that never happened! Wade put his hand on him but never pulled his arm down as the replay clearly shows.

Reply #257187 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Good lord, that was huge!

Reply #257188 | Report this post

Allstars Cheat  
Years ago

All the replay shows is the big number 3 on Wade's back, obscuring exactly what happened with Wade's left arm, which starts on Varejao's outstretched arm, then Wade pulls it across his own body. Unless you are claiming x-ray vision, I think there is enough evidence for both of us to hold on to our respective opinions.

Reply #257192 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Um, contradict yourself much?

Reply #257195 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I nearly fell off my chair

Reply #257196 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

It reminded me of this:

Reply #257197 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Thats just plain nasty.....

Reply #257198 | Report this post

Allstars Cheat  
Years ago

No contradiction. I have an opinion of what happened but I'm not so arrogant as to go flaming everyone who disagrees with me.

Reply #257199 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Reply #257200 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Dwade owned him big time, must be the fact he don't have to wear those shitty Converse anymore and is on team Jordan. :)

Reply #257202 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Best thing about that dunk was on the play prior to that LeBron went to dunk and JO swatted it. Wade comes down and monsters it down on Varejao - hence on the replays you can see him saying "That's how you do it".

Awesome.

Reply #257205 | Report this post

Kim  
Years ago

That was awesome!!

Reply #257215 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

off the topic, but also check out Shannon Brown's dunk yersterday too! his elbow was at the rim!

Reply #257224 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Allstars Cheat, you originally said it was clear as to what happened, then when someome refuted that, you said the view was obstructed and the other person must have x-ray vision. Why is your opinion backed up by clear vision but the other guys isn't?

And if you think that is flaming, then stop being a princess.

Reply #257227 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Allstars cheat - I cannot even remotely see where you think Wade push or pulls the big fella's arm in any way shape or form. The NBA replay shows enough really good different angles to (IMO) rule out any such belief, particularly one of the side angles and the over head angle.

Also, that D Wade ad is gold! I've never seen it before but is now on my favorites list! =)

Reply #257228 | Report this post

Allstars Cheat  
Years ago

TC2 - in my opinion it is clear that Wade interfered enough with Varejao's arm that his outstretched hand, which was aimed at the ball, deviated and the block attempt instead hit Wade in the face. You can clearly see that Wade's hand impacts Varejao's arm close to the shoulder and then Wade moves his arm across his body. What is in dispute is exactly what happened in front of Wade's body, which is obscured by Wade's back.
My opinion of what happened stands and it is an opinion which is shared by Varejao himself as you can also clearly see as he indicates to the referee that his arm was raked aside.
However I accept that others may have a different opinion. As for your assertion that I am a princess, I at no point implied that I was being flamed, rather I stated that I personally do not feel the need to flame everyone that does not agree with me.

Reply #257259 | Report this post

Allstars Cheat  
Years ago

Here, decide for yourselves.

http://linky.com.au/28vqt

Reply #257262 | Report this post

Years ago

Ty Lawson's dunk today on DJ Mbenga and Josh Powell was better :)

Reply #257296 | Report this post

biancar  
Years ago

Dunk is exciting time. I like it very much, expecially when Jordan do it. If you like Jordan. you can find his wonderful dunk from "http://www.fulljordan.com"

Reply #257311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overhead slomo replay clearly shows Wade did NOT grab Varejao's arm and pull it aside.

Reply #257323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overhead slomo replay clearly shows Allstars Cheat's and Anderson Varejao's opinion are wrong.

Reply #257324 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/7g19p

who's holding who ?

Reply #257389 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Jumped out of my seat watching that game when DW went upstairs. Verjao got nasty on the next inbound, looking to throw the elbow - love it.

+1 Shannon Brown's dunk - huge.

Reply #257455 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Being a Heat fan myself, and hating Varejao too, that was as close to visual nirvana as possible! Brilliant and hilarious at the same time, especially as Varejao almost rolls over and hits the support afterwards. Loved it live, still love it on replay!!

Reply #257656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bea varejao pregnatn

Reply #291593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754