Soulman
Years ago

L'ikin It - 36ers so far in 2009/10

A few wins on the trot has us sittin alright this time of the year. I thought Saturday we played to our best and showed at home come if you would Sixers rock at the Hood. We still gotta up our game and improve and put the critics to shame. Your thoughts on where we are right now?

Topic #21621 | Report this topic

mentalballer  
Years ago

To be honest I thought the game on the weekend was pretty poor. We may have come away with a win but our performance was only slightly better than the Gong hence the win. I still believe we are not gelling as a team and their is still too much one on one. I saw many times JG trying to do traffic duty and noone was really paying attention. We still need a big center as Balls is playing out of his comfort zone. We still need consistency as a team and less of the stupid turnovers we still seem to have. We are on the right track but still a long way to go.

Reply #257510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would you prefer to be overachieving and in third, or underachieving and in third?

Reply #257511 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You beat the top team! Talk about hard to please.

Reply #257520 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I agree that there is a lot of work to be done.

With the exception of Townsville, the ladder at the moment, reflects the number of home games each team has had. Perth, Adelaide and Wollongong have all yet to really put any wins on the board on the road.

But it is certainly better to be +.500 at this time of the season as it is a much better place to launch an attack from if the team gets it together in the second half of the year. The ladder will be very crouded around the 14 wins mark to make the finals I think.

Reply #257523 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pretty good - what they've done with the starting centre out injured.
Burston is hard to get around in defense and gets a lotta rebounds.
They can get it to Ballinger and Burston more on offense, from now on, and be even a whole lot better.

Reply #257540 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

First time that the league has been this stacked overall. Don't be surprised if the season ends with the top 4 places being decided by Percentage

Reply #257608 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Burston ran onto the court today, which was wet, but there was no sign and he slipped over and couldn't train. We'll know tomorrow if he's ok or not.

Reply #257613 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Not liking that!

Why couldn't it have been someone else?

Reply #257623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gong the top team? perth, NZ and the crocs are all better.

Reply #257643 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Could be 7 better teams than Wollongong - but none of them were on top going into Saturday's game!

Reply #257647 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Anon, Perth and NZ will have to win road games to make the finals (you can throw Adelaide, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Wollongong into that category too). So far, of those 'better' teams you refer to, only Townsville has shown they can win on the road.

Reply #257653 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

The top four will come down to percentage this season,XY was spot on with his comments, a couple of away wins will be the difference our confidence must be high lets hope we can do the job on the road and be in a position after Chrissy for a finals berth. Mentalballer at least your last sentence had some positives coming from it, are you one of these supporters who have bought season tickets go to every game sit there dont make a sound until you get home and then in comfort of your living room nit-pick on what we should of done . Hello we beat the top side never looked like losing that one, hard man to please or just someone who's not happy unless he is whinging about something!

Reply #257731 | Report this post

rockets2  
Years ago

Sooner or later the Tigers will click and hence i think they'll endup getting into the top 4. Perth is a lock. in perth( the jungle ) there impossible to beat. i see them going undefeated there. the breakers with penny will also snap into action. that leaves the last spot for the crocs, hawks and the 6ers to fight it out. talent wise the 6ers and crocs are superior to the hawks, but coaching wise and getting the results the hawks are probaly just infront of the 6ers and on par with the crocs. my guess is this

1 Perth amazing bench with robbins, wagstaff, cattalini, williamso....

2 NZ With Penny back, CJ's life will be alot easier and there offense will flow better

3 Tigers. once anstey returns, they will have the best starting 5 in the league. the bench might be a little weak compared to perth and NZ

4 Hawks they just keep getting it done and they'll endup wining a few on the road to sneak into the top 4

1st Semi perth V Hawks Perth 2-1

2nd Semi NZ V Tigers NZ 2-1

GF Perth V NZ Perth 2-1

Champions the Wildcats and Redhage GF MVP

Reply #257753 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks Rockets2, i dont have to watch the rest of the season now!

Reply #257757 | Report this post

frank  
Years ago

i think we need our bench to stand up every week not just so often an cortez needs too keep playing well or good by.

Reply #257794 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754