Libertine
Years ago

Jeremy Tyler - Young, Talented and Unhappy Playing Overseas

Kid can't handle the pressure. The alarm bells should probably have started ringing for the American entrepreneur who brought him to Israel when the kid decided to skip his final year of High School, as opposed to getting his diploma! Great article below from the NY Times if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about:

http://linky.com.au/kxbvg

Topic #21623 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

This is why i don't think there will be a massive flood of kids going os instead of college. I think it takes a certain type of person to be able to drop into another country with all the associated issues and work as a pro at such a young age.

For certain kids it might work but i would think most would crash and burn from pressure and alienation alone.

Reply #257628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754