jayjays
Years ago

could valk improve her game day fashion?

3/4 pants and polo shirt every week !

fashion police please

Topic #21635 | Report this topic

Fashion Police  
Years ago

You have got to be kidding????

What is more important, fashion , or get the rotations right????

Reply #257559 | Report this post

abu_india  
Years ago

3/4 pants...puhlease! Im hoping they are not plastic with Dada/Wu Tang on the side? people already think Adelaide is a town of gimps.

Reply #257560 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Fashion Police I agree with you - who cares what the coach wears. What is more important is a coach actually understanding that when players are contributing ON THE COURT that they don't remain strapped to the bench. Also not to let relationships within the playing group affect her coaching judgement (if that is possible). IMO (I think this has previously been noted) a great player does not necessarily make a great coach.

Reply #257579 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

What has rotations and player-coach relationships got to do with fashion? This is a fashion thread.

Are we talking a WNBL coach here?

Reply #257586 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

TC2 what planet are you on if you are not aware of who is being referred to - that is if you actually follow the WNBL?

Reply #257603 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Inclined to agree. Every other coach out there, male or female, shows up to games in dressy suit pants.

"Who cares what the coach wears.." -

This is the type of attitude that IMO is preventing Aussie basketball from being heralded as a legitimate top-tier competition. It is ALL about image - if the coach looks like she's just turned up from coaching an U12 girls match then its hardly going to help her (and the club) appear as though they are running a professional organization, and in turn [inadvertently or not] this reflects on the overall professionalism of the league.

Why else do you think that the NBA and WNBA have strict guidelines for what their coaches wear? Image is almost as important as the quality of basketball for BA right now. They have a new logo, they have restructured websites and advertisements, so why shouldn't they expect WNBL coaches as ambassadors of the sport to display a certain level of showmanship?

Reply #257609 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I'm from Planet Perth and I don't give a shit about the WNBL.

And then I pretty much agree with Astor.

Reply #257615 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

An emergency call has gone out to fashionista Bruno.

Reply #257621 | Report this post

Nice Green Frock  
Years ago

Maybe she could grab something stunning from Jan's game day wardrobe.

Reply #257624 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

*snap*

Reply #257626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who gives a shit what she wears? Phil Jackson could wear rags for all I care if he gets the job done, why are we talking about stuff like this when it's a woman involved?

Bugger the X's & O's has the coach brushed her hair or done her fingernails today? Come on.

Reply #257640 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think a few have commented on Smyth and Ninnis' attire (polos) in the past and they later upgraded to RM Williams shirts with pants.

Reply #257651 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

ANZ Champions League - coaches suits and the scarf in team colours - I swear they did look great..
Looked like millionaires....

Reply #257655 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Oh please... all jokes aside, what the coach of the Adelaide Lightning wears has exactly 0% bearing on whether or not professional basketball gains some more traction in this country. When was the last time you saw Neil Craig in a suit? Look up a picture of Bill Belichick some time - he's the coach of the NFL's New England Patriots, and most of the time he turns up to games and media sessions dressed like a bum. And I mean, NBA coach dress standards aren't exactly doing much for that league, are they? I don't think I've ever seen so many empty seats!

If Vicki reads this thread, I hope she is able to laugh and ignore it, because that's exactly what she should do.

Reply #257663 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I don't take any notice of what Valk wears.
Mainly I watch my favorite player, Cayla Francis play half a game.
And, that netball league provide a good looking outfit for the coaches, may be of interest.

Reply #257672 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

my mankini for 36ers coaches - in team colours of course

Reply #257686 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

let's face it - jan had nailed game day fashion and carried it with style - always dressed immaculately.

Reply #257687 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

"why are we talking about stuff like this when it's a woman involved?

Bugger the X's & O's has the coach brushed her hair or done her fingernails today? Come on. "

It's a perfectly legitimate discussion. Of course a coach's job is to lead the team but if she OR HE is in the public eye and showing a casual attitude towards appearance then there is no problem with it being discussed.

I think polo's and pants is an ordinary look. I rate Trevor Gleeson for maintaining a professional appearance at all times, despite living in Hicksville.

Reply #257690 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

quote from my womens wear section of my mankini store -
"does my bum look big in this"

Reply #257704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about some defense?

Reply #257743 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Vicki wore a nice suit here Logan game.
Probably cooler weather.
Might have been reference to this thread.

Reply #258745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know anything about this, therefor i can't say anything.

Reply #382574 | Report this post

Rozi Desouza  
Years ago

I don't know anything about this, therefor i can't say anything.

Reply #382575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754