Anonymous
Years ago

Burston injured (again)

I only saw the last part but on the news they said that Burston has injured his knee. Does anyone know the extent of the injury?

Topic #21640 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure, but Camel 31 mentioned earlier that Burston ran onto the court before training while the court was still wet and slipped. How unlucky is this guy?!

Reply #257633 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Saw the ch.9 and 10 sports bits. Yeah Ninnis said he slipped on a sweat spot, he said it was more of a "knock injury" rather than something worse. Just a bit of bruising maybe.

Unbelievable how unlucky he's been this year.

Tez went down too but he's fine. He was on the ground for a while though, looked like a soccr player.

Reply #257636 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

They also said he would be playing in the next game

Reply #257639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting scans done. Makes the re-signing of Cooper look more short sighted by the day.

Reply #257642 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Unlucky or not the brightest/look after himself?

Reply #257649 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I blame the Sprint Auto Parts floor-wipers for this.

Reply #257657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Unlucky or not the brightest/look after himself?"

Get off the guy, he works his ass off. He has had a string of injuries that even Ballinger himself, said last night on the radio, he couldn't believe Matt has come back from or has played through.

Let's all put out some big up's for him and hope it's nothing serious. I'm looking forward to seeing the best of Burston. I just hope he steers clear of mirrors, ladders and black cats! :)

Reply #257658 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Every car, every part ... evvveerrryyyy ddaaayyyy!

Reply #257660 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

And we were gonna work on offense sync getting Burston into it.
The ball was sure swinging pre-season with him there.

Reply #257661 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Lol SVD... that song makes me crack up. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I subliminally associate it with Skip's organ music.

They'll keep our motors running, allegedly... how about they keep our players running too!

Reply #257662 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Guys like Burston & Crosswhite only play well under super coach Goorgian. Useless anywhere else!

Reply #257664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Irony that scensch is the only big to be healthy this year?

Reply #257666 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

orbit, who else have you seen Burston play for? How many games did you see of his when he was with the Cats?

Reply #257667 | Report this post

X Man  
Years ago

Orbit I think you will find Burston played well in Perth.

I reckon he is in the mould of just one of those guys that often gets injured, like:

Anstey
Mottram

and then you have other guys who play for years with few injuries:

Rillie
Stiff
Rees

Some people are just more prone to injuries than others for some reason.

Reply #257668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey hasn't missed many games from injuries.

Reply #257680 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

"Lol SVD... that song makes me crack up. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I subliminally associate it with Skip's organ music."

Great. Now everytime there's sweat being wiped off the court, I'll think of Skip's organ.

Damn it.

Reply #257681 | Report this post

Budgie  
Years ago

I've got an awesome nik name for Matt Burston... Tampon. He's in for one and out for three.

Reply #257692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Budgie".

That is the most un-amusing, pathetic, immature nickname I have ever heard.

Grow up.

Reply #257694 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

So we've got the fashion police in one thread and the fun police in this one. I'm guessing the Anon poster above is being visited by her Aunt Flo at the moment.

Reply #257696 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Not on his back at all, love his game just only wish he was on court more! He's spent a vast majority of his career on the bench due to injury.

Is he just injury prone or his he doing things outside his means.

You have to admit slipping on a wet floor is a pretty stupid thing to be doing for anyone.

Reply #257697 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"Jimmy's down, Jimmy's down"

"Jimmy is going to make Kramer pay for this!"

Reply #257698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many games has Anstey missed through injury X? I can't recall him being out injured much.

Reply #257699 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

lol @ DB5 and Budgie.

Reply #257705 | Report this post

Budgie  
Years ago

I'm guessing Anon is an angry man hating female. A least I didn't call him a used tampon

Reply #257706 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Loco - Only slightly disturbing!

Reply #257712 | Report this post

X Man  
Years ago

I think he has done his knee seriously atleast twice. Once in the finals with the magic and once in the finals with the Titans from memory (at least one of those injuries helped us to a championship '97?). He was oft injured last year and is yet to play a game this year. I also am pretty sure he has missed a fair few boomers games through injury. But let me know if I am wrong.

Reply #257762 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Correct X-Man, missed Boomers seasons in 2001, 2004, 2005 and 2006 (when he was injured by Bogut in a warm up game) with injury/surgery/rehab.

Reply #257765 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He's ok to go now after the medics checked him out.
I'd be inclined to start Hill (ankle now ok) in away games, but not at home and Burston maybe ready to start next game.

Reply #257772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure you're right with those injuries over 10 years ago. I guess I was talking about his return with the tigers where he has hardly missed any games (other than this season obviously). While he may have been carrying injuries last year he didn't miss games because of it.

Reply #257785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets keep in mind that Anstey has chosen to miss a number of games with the Boomers over the years due to playing in Europe and while not injured used to rest up. The last time he did that was to skip the last Commonwealth Games to take up a gig in Spain.

Reply #257816 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mostly it has been because of injury/surgery - ie 2002, 2004, 2005 (I think) and 2006.

Reply #257833 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754