Anonymous
Years ago

Davo blogs about Julius

Brad Davidson weighs in on the Julius situation and there's not a lot of love there! http://braddavidson14.blogspot.com/

Topic #21655 | Report this topic

quasi  
Years ago

Ouch! Regardless of all the carrying on about whose fault it was that Hodge ultimately quit, the players seem to be on the same page regarding his commitment re training and matches. Plus some of these guys aren't even at the 6ers any more, so loyalties aside it seems that Hodge wasn't the team player he claimed to be

Reply #257843 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually quasi, Davidson did mention he did train after practises that everyone thought was a lie.

It was good to read a non biased former player opinion!

Reply #257844 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

"I would shoot and hit a few threes in a row and say to Julius "if you had this shot you'd be earning five million a year right now""

Brad pretty much owns him with that statement right there.

Reply #257849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davidson owning Hodge - what a joke! I'd love to see them go one on one. Jealousy's a curse.

Reply #257854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - I think you'll find if you read the blog correctly, that Davidson doesn't think he OWNS Julius - he openly said what a good player he is. I didn't hear a hint of jealousy, just his own opinion on what qualifies as a good team-mate.

And you'd be hard pressed to find someone who DOESN'T think Davidson is a good team-mate, so he should know!

Reply #257855 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

A good, balanced post from Davidson.

But in fairness to Anon #257854, it was Black Dracula who said "Brad pretty much owns him with that statement right there."

Davidson was a better outside shooter than Hodge. I also love Davidson's game and have a great amount of respect for the way he carried himself throughout his career.

But it must said, outside shooting is the only relm of the game where Davidson 'owns' Hodge.

Reply #257856 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"Actually quasi, Davidson did mention he did train after practises that everyone thought was a lie."

Actually KingJames, if you take your Hodge tinted spectacles off for a moment you'll notice the entire sentence fully supports quasi's assertion that Julius wasn't the team player he claimed to be:

Julius worked harder in the gym during his second season here and did spend time shooting, but this was after sitting out the parts of practice he didn't want to participate in."

Reply #257858 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Great stuff!

"I personally didn't want to shoot with Julius after training because I’d already had my workout and didn’t need more fitness work rebounding all his misses."

yes!

Reply #257859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did read the blog Anon, however, as Jay-Jay has stated, I'm referring to Black Dracula's comments about Davidson owning Hodge. Perhaps you should have a further read?

Reply #257876 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Oh.My.God. People on the internet are either getting dumber by the minute or I'm feeding a troll.

I said "Brad pretty much owns him with that statement right there."

In case you can't read, that doesn't mean Brad Davidson owns Hodge on the court - it means that his statement was pretty much spot on accurate.

I know that one on one Hodge is probably superior, Davidson said it himself that you have to be very good to put up those numbers with such a horrible shot.

Reply #257882 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

"...the worst teammate I'd ever had on my team throughout my basketball career".

I'll take Brett's word ahead of anyone's in the NBL... and he seems to share a common opinion with Brad.

Must have been frustrating for such a hard working, intense player to watch someone with obvious talents (in some areas) saunter through trainings and games half arsed.

Reply #257902 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Whoa. Reading the white text on a black background on his blog makes my eyes go all funny afterwards...

Reply #257917 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ you may have been poisoned.

Reply #257918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check out the reply by the greatest player in NBL history to Davidsons blog on gaze.com.au by that award winning journalist (insert sarcasm here!) Daniel Eade.
I have one comment about the article, Davidson would most definately say that to the chosen ones face, and pretty much has if you listen to those involved last season.

Reply #258140 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

should get davo to be the court wiper on Dec 5 - imagine the trash talk

Reply #258150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Davo could sit in the hollywood seats at the tigers end on the 5th

Reply #258160 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754