Jack Toft
Years ago

NH: Has Mike Rann run his race?

Interesting article regarding the alleged assault on "Media" Mike Rann on Adelaide Now. The 3rd point of the triangle has claimed that there was a sexual component of the relationship between her and Media Mike (which his office is denying)

If true, it places the premier in a compromising position and I am sure there will be calls from the opposition for him to resign. No doubt, I would expect some minor circus games to commence to try to deflect attention away from this issue.

So, if proven true that Media Mike has had a sexual relationship with this woman, has he run his race?, and should he resign as premier?

Topic #21664 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

he should have resigned long ago, he was once good but now he's just arrogant and annoying

Reply #257988 | Report this post

Years ago

and the alternatives are ?

Reply #257989 | Report this post

ranga  
Years ago

Anybody is better than that pathetic excuse for a politician. He controls people, he control the press and I personally will not be voting labour at the next election. This politicians in this state are u focused on getting their fat pays, travel allowance and sitting there doing nothing while our taxes go into feeding these fat cats. Ill vote for Redman just to see media mike not get in.

Reply #257993 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

Id vote for Redman too... and Method man.... they would surely know how to run this state!

Reply #257998 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

There's a saying that politicians generally and parties in power particularly, are like nappies. They should be changed regularly and for the same reasons.

Reply #258005 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Who can blame the Premier if it's true. She is a bloody looker.

Even if Rann is forced to step down, Foley isn't much better. Liberal is worse. We can't win anyway.

So much for the tough on crime talk.

Reply #258007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack,
what did you think they did, hold hands? Having sex with a consenting adult is not a crime, it's natural and politicians having sex with other than their spouses is not a crime either or a certain high profile Italian leader would be behind bars.

If a married people having affairs was news, then half of Adelaide would make the papers and the other half would like to.

Reply #258012 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Anon, doesn't she claim they had sex in his office on more than one occasion?

I'm pretty sure I'd be fired if I had sex in my office and the organisation found out about it.

An affair is obviously damaging politically and you can argue all day if that should be the case. But you don't behave like that in the work place. I can't think of any other behaviour that is more unprofessional.

Reply #258017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Maher for Premier.

Reply #258023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought this was a a basketball forum, who cares who he has been banging

Reply #258041 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Check out Yahoo or today tonight Sunday night, breaking story, although this website seems to break all the big stories!!!

Reply #258051 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That's why we put "NH" for Non-hoops at the font of the title.

Reply #258056 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Its amazing what money can buy. Initially it was alledged the woman involved said she would not speak to the media and make a media circus out of it. She just wanted to be left alone. Now its alleged that she is getting paid big money for tonight's interview on channel 7. Can anyone trust what she will say tonight to be entirely truthful or will it be a story moulded to fit the large amount of money she will be paid.

Reply #258058 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

You are a clown EC .

Reply #258071 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why? Back up your insults with a decent argument d..k for brains.

Reply #258072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is taking money after sex the same as taking money for sex...

Reply #258075 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Doesn't really matter if he does resign. Get rid of one self serving liar and another would replace him.

Reply #258079 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Id vote for Redman too... and Method man.... they would surely know how to run this state!"

LOOOOOOOL!!! A certain plant would be legalised within the first week.

I second rotate's comment.

Reply #258080 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

EC - i will to put this simply as for you to understand .

She is going to be interviewed on national television at prime time detailing an affair with the premier of this state . Any lies she may be inclined to tell will have harsh consequences . Rann has already delivered plenty .

The more interesting part is that the Premier will not issue comment until he and his legal team have viewed tonights interview .
Spinning any remnants of doubt to their advantage they can try but i feel this one contains too much yarn .

Also , apologies as clown was wrong , they are funny and bring joy to children.
You just regurgitate narrow minded shit .

Reply #258082 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=208400280090&ref=nf

Reply #258089 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

rotateonthis, thanks for giving your opinion. I gave mine. Why all the insults if the opinions are different. I said nothing about Rann and how I felt about his innocence of lack thereof. I simply gave the opinion that one should be wary about believing the women who originally wanted it kept private yet changed her mind when there was money involved. If you see a problem with this comment, you are entitled to, but insulting someone over it just shows your lack of intelligence. It will be interesting how it all pans out once Rann has made his statement. Besides that, the alleged discretions took place while she was married, not him.

Reply #258090 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Wow, go easy on EC, he just stated his opinion. Feel free to have a different opinion, but the personal comments are not really needed.

I kind of do agree with EC. Rotate, how do you know that "Any lies she may be inclined to tell will have harsh consequences". I disagree. There is nothing stopping her from lying at all.

But in saying that, that doesn't mean she is lying. I have no idea either way, she may be an honest person, or she may just want attention. But if it is a true story, its definitely unprofessional and something I would be fired from my work for, so why wouldn't he have to suffer the same consequence?

Reply #258107 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Rann needs to quote George Costanza on this on.

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon . . . you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time".

Reply #258109 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Interesting question Jack. I don't like to see private relationships brought into politics, but regardless of whether it is true or not, this could bring Rann down, simply because the media may not let him focus on the upcoming election campaign. (Rather like the media would not let the Howard-Costello leadership issue rest).

These allegations (and I have to say I tend to believe the story Ms Chantelois is telling) are disastrous for Labor, because they come at a time when the Liberals would otherwise have had zero chance of winning next years election (I think the Libs need a 9% swing).

Call me crazy, but I think Rann has generally done a good job for SA, so I don't think it would be a good thing if he is forced to step aside. The immediate options behind Rann just don't seem like Premier material to me (Foley is too divisive, Conlon is a horrible speaker, Holloway's persona makes Rudd look like Bob Hawke in comparison, Hill's star has fallen since he took on the poisoned chalice of Health).

Atkinson is a good speaker and the most likely of that mob IMO, but I don't like that idea, because he seems a little too willing to throw our civil liberties under the bus!

I think Weatherill might have the right persona, is a good speaker and seems to have a social conscience, but if he had any clout within the Labor party, I think he would have been offered a more senior portfolio by now.

If Labor were to somehow lose to the Libs next year, I think that would be bad for the State at this stage. I want to see the current Health reforms (incl the new Royal Adelaide) seen through and not revamped mid-stream and I also want the recently announced plans for public transport to come to fruition (incl expanding the trams into a proper light rail system to gradually replace cars as the primary mode of transport in the inner city).

The problem with the Libs is that they are prone to pulling back on the funding of social services and public infrastructure and I don't think that is what is needed right now.

Reply #258110 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I'm a liberal person and Ill agree that Rann has done a good job as a result I don't mind who is in power next election. However, ill be happy if liberal is back in power at a national level next election.

Reply #258115 | Report this post

The Juice  
Years ago

Mike said it didn't happen!!

Someone is fibbing!

Reply #258118 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Need to bring in Dr Lightman

Reply #258134 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQ7_lzl_Z8

Reply #258224 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This matter has gone cold over the last few weeks since the allegations of an affair were made public. I expect some coverage on the news tonight as the matter of the charge arising from the alleged assault on Mr Rann is listed in the Adelaide magistrates court today.

Reply #259937 | Report this post

nigel farmer  
Years ago

Reply #269053 | Report this post

nigel farmer  
Years ago

he should have resigned.We need to see an anticorruption group in south australia.

Reply #281619 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754