thedoctor
Years ago

Iverson to Retire

http://linky.com.au/l38cg

Sad way to end, but it looks like no team is showing interest. I think his statement has left the door open for a return though. Says he still has 'plenty left in the tank' and a 'desire to play'.

Personally, I think he needs some perspective on what his value is now. No longer the star, but could be a valuable contributor in the right role.

Topic #21694 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Totally agree...I still reckon Euro team would take him if he could pull his head in.

Reply #258417 | Report this post

Fred Greg  
Years ago

He sould come and play for adelaide 36'!

Reply #258419 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

He has ruined his reputation with his antics over the last season and a bit. He was an outstanding player in his prime but will be remembered as a selfish, primadonna who wasn't interested in winning, just his own stats.

Reply #258421 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Look for an announcement by the Tigers that they're pursuing him.

Reply #258443 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Tigers do have 1 import spot open...

Reply #258445 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

Thank god, it's finally over.

Reply #258447 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Well in all seriousness, the Tigers don't believe in a salary cap so I guess we'll see AI in red and yellow pretty soon. :)

Reply #258448 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

celtics will sign him after the trade deadline, just like with marbury.. Iverson might very well go out with a championship.

Reply #258450 | Report this post

budgie  
Years ago

It would be great if the NBL could learn a small lesson from the north queensland fury soccer club. Get one of the new NBL clubs to sign AI for a year or two. He would love the lifestyle here. Would be awesome for the league from a marketing point. Crowd numbers would be up. Win win for clubs and fans

Reply #258456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iverson was offered about $10m from a Greek team in the offseason and knocked it back. His agent has said a few times he has no interest in playing anywhere outside the NBA.

Reply #258459 | Report this post

THIERRY  
Years ago

I realy like Iverson and he wil stl be ma best player though he has failed to chande i dont care wat people talk abt him bt i like him.let him infact retire in peace

Reply #258480 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I have always been amazed at what he was able to achieve given his total lack of size. The guy isn't that much bigger than Zach Delaney for crying out loud.

Also glad that he didn't say something like "I'm taking a year off to concentrate on growing my empire".

Reply #258499 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Mutley, Iverson is 6 foot the same as Chris Paul. Delaney is about 5'6 which is a huge difference.

Reply #258504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754