mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Taipans 26th Nov

Breakers have home court and Kirk Penney back (about time lol), gonna be tough to beat but Cairns flogged them only a week ago. I believe the Breakers are a completely different team on their own court (Abercrombie plays awesome at home and average away for example) and am looking forward to finishing work and heading to the NSEC to check it out.

Topic #21696 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

For those interested, Breakers are comfortable favourites at Centrebet. Cairns are paying $4.80 and the line is -10.5 for the home side. I know DJ loves the game total, so worth noting that's 163.5.

Reply #258431 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

May be a silly question, but how does the line work?

Reply #258434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's like a head start. So if Cairns is +10.5, they have a 10 point head start and only have to get within 10.5 points for you to win your bet.

If NZ is -10.5, they have to win by more than 10.5 points for you to win your bet.

Centrebet now has a "pick your own line" option to make it even more interesting!

Reply #258436 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Think of it like a bit of a handicap. -10.5 says they think the home side will win by around that mark, so you can bet ($1.90) either side rather than a straight win or loss. e.g., if NZ isn't enough value for $1.17 to win, you could get them at $1.90 to win by 11 or more. Or, if you aren't confident of the Snakes winning, but think they could get close, you might like them at +10.5 (lose by less than 11).

e.g., the other week, Cairns were playing in Perth. The line was around 10-12 from memory, but I saw a rumour that Jones was going to be out for the Taipans. Obviously Perth were already strong favourites, but I thought 10+ was an easy bet and I think they won by 15 or more.

Reply #258437 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ahh thanks, makes some of those closer bets a bit more appealing. Thanks guys.

Reply #258438 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The teams were trading baskets early, but the Breakers have pushed out to a 40-34 lead a couple of minutes from the main break.

Reply #258454 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like Oscar Forman just won it for the Breakers

Reply #258455 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

68-52 to end the 3rd breakers up, oscar leading all scorers and playing mean, penney's just Penney and getting it done while taking it easy. Melzer top scoring for Cairns

Reply #258457 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers win 94-77

Reply #258460 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

If Oscar shoots that well,and Penney pitches in at death, its game over.
I only saw last 14 minutes of the game and Cairns played zone all way. No hope aginst Breakers, allows passin at will and only a matter of hitting open shots.
Not quite a mirror of first game of season,but not far off it, different parts firing.

Reply #258479 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I got stuck in traffic and missed most of the first half. Breakers were up by bout 5 when I walked in. Jones was getting it done for Cairns at both ends, Breakers ball rotation was sweet with players getting open looks out on the 3 point lne and draining them.
NZ's defense was pretty solid especially towards the end where they forced Cairns into turnover after turnover.
Penney looked dangerous every time he touched the ball but was nice to see everyone contributing, need to string a few victories together now

Reply #258481 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

After a tidy $50 profit from the Sixers over Hawks was keen to find something worth throwing down on Breakers v Taipans but nothing decent out there.
Game total was looking at a 160/165ish game (85/90-75). Taipans too often dry up scoring so stayed off this game total.

Reply #258484 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754