skip
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers @ Townsville Crocs Tonight

Can the team have a 2-0 road trip for the first time in...? (I have no idea how long).

TAB says no.
Crocs are $1.33 to win
Sixers are $3.25 to win

I personally like those odds. I also like $9.00 for Adelaide to win by 11+

I plan on watching it online. I've never got the Townsville feed before, can anyone tell me what it is like? Just the one camera? Any sound or commentery? If not, is their a radio broadcast as well?

Topic #21701 | Report this topic

Tripod  
Years ago

Havent been able to have the luxury of watching a 6ers game in a looooooong time, where being atop the NBL ladder was the light at the end of the tunnel! This couldnt be any more winnable for the 36ers considering how crazy this league has been for results, the Crocs up and down home form, and dare i say it, our half decent form on the road!!!

36ERS by 15

(Mod: Moved from other thread.)

Reply #258509 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crocs are $2.07 for -7 at Centrebet. Game total is 171ish.

Townsville are going to come out fighting and Adelaide have to be ready to weather that. Not sure what to expect from this one.

Reply #258513 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Adelaide should win IMO, but this season has been so unpredictable that Townsville could just as well come away with the win.

Reply #258514 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think Sixers have momentum. Townsville all over the place. Factors to watch:

* Gilly: How many dirty fouls will be on him in Q1? Expect a bit of heat tonight son.
* Holmes: Rebound King - if Jacob can catch those rocks and stop the Townsville second chance, then we are looking good.
* Groves factor: After the Heal comments on Wed night, he might be out to prove a point. EXPLODE!
* Hillbilly: Always plays better on the road
* Got Balls?: Always the go to man - needs to sink a 3 early to keep confidence high.
* Ninja: Dr's orders: Drink plenty of water and don't cramp up. He hasn't for a few games, so looks like what he's prescribed himself is working
* Coops: Can't shoot to save himself, but he does a lot of those things behind the scenes that helps the team out.
* Herbie: He sneaks under the radar doesn't he? Looks like Chopper Reid and like Chopper would be a useful enforcer if Gilly gets too much manhandling.
* Molly: Would be good to see him get some minutes tonight when Scotty clears the bench.
* Scotty: Thought he called time outs well on Wed. Some games he lets the momentum roll a bit too long before calling for a break..

I will be as excited as a Silver Fox if we get a W tonight.

Reply #258516 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

yeah hard 1 to call as townsville will be looking to come out firing but the home teams generally have had it their way this season, go the sixers

Reply #258517 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Go Sixers of course; but I'd love a close game like the previous encounter at the dome.

One thing this league has had this year, are some tight games; and tight games make for better viewing.

Reply #258520 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It is written in the stars this season that the most predictable outcomes will definitely not happen.

Sixers should lose, so we have a good chance of the upset. But because I have now jinxed it, we will lose by 30+.

(This is why I am not in the tipping comp this year!)

Reply #258524 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Any idea about the stream?

Reply #258526 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Townsville stream has worked flawlessly, they have 3 cameras but most if not all from memory has been from 1 camera live.

As for betting Sixers have the momentum to take it but I wouldnt be confident for those looking at sixers by 11 @$9 surely you missed your boat the other night against the Hawks on those bets ;)

I think the safer bet's tonight on a game that can really swing either way and surely the Crocs are DESPERATE for this one, the Sixers may be over confident on a high after the Hawks win.

Sixers +10.5 @ $1.43 (I don't often go this low in betting and for the 'safer' bets)

Might still be tempted throw a few on the Sixers head to head and try and cover it with a +10.5 bet will see.

Think the Game Total will be over The swamp is a shooters heaven and both teams D is nothing special, Sixers fatigue the biggest hinderance IMO.

Sixers to lead at half time and full time is offering very good value at 8.50
For us to win I think we will need to lead for most of the game and for Tez to FINALLY have a big one, Hammer inspired perhaps ;)!

Happy Punting

Reply #258529 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

Skip - I have seen two of Townsville live streams and they have been pretty good. Stream didn't skip at all and they do have commentary, but I don't think they have had a lot of viewers - not sure if that makes a difference.

For $5, I would recommend it.

Reply #258530 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Cheers for that DJ. Is the +10.5 bet on Centre bet?

Reply #258534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs by 15

Reply #258540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go 36ers!

Reply #258542 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

* We do have 3 cameras - no replays though
* Commentary from Trevor Roberts & Claudia Brassard
* I think they viewing numbers are low because we are all at the game :) BUT the Hawks game was our highest seller
* Have the Crocs EVER lost 3 in a row at home? I doubt it - Suns yes, but Crocs NO.
* I've shot A LOT at The Swamp and it truly is a Shooters Heaven! soft rims and just an excellent feel inside the gym. (I hold the record of 4 half way shots in a row)

Crocs have been talking about not disappointing their home fans again - Hinder publicly apologised to fans after the hawks loss then was almost in tears after the breakers loss so I'm going for a 7 point Croc win.

btw the video of Rusty almost crying and JR's comeback interview is on our website homepage

Reply #258544 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

How do you go about getting the live stream???

Reply #258552 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Sixers to be flogged in a lame capitulation. Excuses about "oh but it's the second game in a road stretch" will ensue.

(Obviously, I'm still a non-believer!)

Reply #258555 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

raytri - there's a link to live streaming on the front-page of www.adelaide36ers.com.

Reply #258556 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Thanks hereschenes, I'll give it a try

Reply #258557 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon a narrow loss, so hopefully they prove me and hereschenes wrong.

Reply #258560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs won't lose again, 36ers unfortunately to finish their winning streak.

Reply #258561 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I keep thinking this doom-and-gloom stuff, and we keep winning, so I figure I'll just keep thinking it... :)

Reply #258562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Key aspects for the game:

- Can Adelaide back-up the brilliant showing on Wednesday...
- Who will win the one on one match-up between Williams and Gilchrist...
- Can Hinder or Rolan contain Ballinger's inside-outside game...
- Can Cedar, Robertson, Crawford and Williamson get it going from deep...
- Will Cortez have a fire under him and finally explode on someone...

My answers... Adelaide can back it up against lacklustre defence... Williams will however beat JG tonight... Ballinger will score at will... Think the 6ers will contain the shooters... Cortez is due to explode...

Sixers by 11

Reply #258564 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

All signed up for rivus. Hoping it is better than the last time. Go 36ers!

Reply #258568 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I have purchased the live stream. Might run it through my Wii and watch it on the TV. Hopefully the quality isnt too bad.

Although I think the Crocs will likely come out on top, $9 odds for the Sixers by 11+ and $4.50 for 1-10 were too good to pass up. I also chucked some coin on Balls to top score out of him, Gilly, Williams and Cedar at $3.25.

Gonna kick back with beer and pizza and hope for the best!

Reply #258569 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Skip I will have laptop on lap and NBA on One on the TV, and a bucket of scotch. Tough life.

Reply #258571 | Report this post

mentalballer  
Years ago

Im being optomistic and hoping for a win but I do believe we will lose this by a close margin. I think the only way we can win this is if our bench plays awesome and we have a balanced attack across the starters I dont think we are going to see another Pitbull attack.

Reply #258576 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems there's been one of several footy drafts on for the last 2 or 3 days. Anyways- Adelaide 36ers playing for outright top with Cortez Groves fired up should be enough for a narrow win.

Reply #258578 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Has anyone put the rivus stream up on a big screen? Is it worth it or is it better to keep it smaller?

Reply #258579 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hinder almost crying?

...I'm there.

Reply #258580 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Adelaide are on court shooting around pic here

Reply #258583 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

I used rivus on my laptop with hdmi to my lcd tv as the main monitor using DLNA.It was a bad night for the feed with lots of freezing and poor audio. Of course I tried to play it at HDTV resolution to see what would happen.

The picture was boxed and quality was blurry and blocky. It was watchable though but some would not be happy with that quality. Remided me a bit of a youtube video played at full screen. The boxing of the picture makes me think that the resolution is closer to youtube also, definatly not 1080 but more like 800x600.

HDTV specs: Samsung 55in series 9 LCD HDTV

Reply #258584 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thanks for the photo djrod - I won't have rivus here, but I'm in a little bit of excitement..
Townsville 7pm 28 deg. C , passing cloud.
7.30 here - half an hour for tip off.. mmmm What else can i do for half an hour.. I'v been thinking about it all day long..

Reply #258586 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

anyone else not getting a connection to the live stream

Reply #258587 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

anyone else not getting a connection to the live stream

Reply #258588 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

No connection here either dougys

Reply #258589 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

No connection here either dougys

Reply #258590 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

cant connect to the stream :(

"trying to connect, retry in 10 seconds"

Then

"looking for live stream"

Reply #258591 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

No connection for me yet.

Reply #258592 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Does it usually do this?

Reply #258593 | Report this post

sares  
Years ago

trying to reconnect...again...again...again....

Reply #258594 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

me too

Reply #258595 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

It normally does this until they start streaming the game. It is getting close to game time though so I hope they start soon!

Reply #258596 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No stream here yet.5 mins to go tho

Reply #258598 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

Starting for me!

Reply #258599 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

All good here now.

Reply #258600 | Report this post

sares  
Years ago

it' all good here too, great stream, much better than the last one I watched, let's hope it keeps up!!!

Reply #258601 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

looks good

Reply #258604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shits on the 36ers stream.

Reply #258607 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

Brad hill is such a hog. Pass the f%%kin thing

Reply #258608 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Coaches need to recognise when Hill is doing crap. It's hard to talk about Groves' decision making when Hill is in the same team!! Some of the shots he decides to take are ridiculous

Reply #258609 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

When you shot like Hill did last game you are entitled to a few like that every now and then. I bet you he is a bit more conservative in the second half.

Come on Sixers.

Reply #258611 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

someone take this bloody Crawford out.

Reply #258613 | Report this post

bull  
Years ago

dont complain about hill complain about gilchrist shot selection

Reply #258614 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Must say, great job on the stream. tried watching it on my PS3 through my TV but it was a bit freezy but watching it on the laptop now and it is really good. $5 is excellent value.

Reply #258615 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

rather see coops than burst especially while balls is hot

Reply #258616 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Three pointers absolutely KILLING us.

Reply #258617 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Lack of rebounding is absolutely killing us (again)......and crappy free throw shooting

Reply #258619 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

O boards tville 14 ad 5 at 3qtr time

Reply #258620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston injured again.

Reply #258621 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Bull....you can't be serious. Gilchrist at least has the potential to catch fire - look at Wednesday night. Hill only has the potential to put on a crap move and bounce it off his own foot - or shoot an airball

Reply #258622 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

how on earth was that not a foul on Gilchrist? Embarassing non-call.

Reply #258623 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Yeah,

we are loosing it on the boards.

Reply #258624 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

where is the defense and the rebounding. gilchrest just looses the plot when things dont go his way. Sooking wont win a game

Reply #258625 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Come on Balls! Outscore Williams for me at least!

Reply #258626 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

why not give the ball to ng set him some screens and let him shoot the three

Reply #258627 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

the more i watch gilchrest the more i think he doesnt fit our team. Sure he can be a superstar but his head just isnt there

Reply #258628 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I think I need some more beers

Reply #258629 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

must however say that townsvilles live feed was very professionally put together and i was very impressed with the continuity of the feed. Just hope Adelaide can lift there feed up to this standard.

Reply #258630 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Gilchrist is a good player,
but i think he matches up badly against Homicide.

Homicide > Gilchrist,
McKee > Homicide,
Gilchrist > Mckee.
Homicide is just too smart and experienced for Showtime Gilchrist at the moment,

but that is not the main reason why we lost,
defence and rebounding was just not good enough for our second game on the road.

Reply #258631 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Feed was great. Only had one break and that could have been my puter. Well done.

Reply #258632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we really need to get some tips from the guys up north on running a stream. funny thing is its harder to get high speed internet up there yet they are doin a much better job

Reply #258633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mine hardly worked at all saw stuff all actually.

Reply #258634 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Crocs were very good in that second half - really played with an intensity they have been lacking for large parts of the season. Roberts really set the tone with his hustle and a couple of HUGE blocks.

Adelaide apart from Ballinger (who was outstanding)couldnt get it going. Groves was playing well but then a couple of phantom foul calls and he is out of the game.

Just a much more controlled team performance from Townsville, with Crawford and Williams brilliant while still playing within the structure.

Reply #258635 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Is Burston likely to be fit anytime this season? Should we dump him or is he actually expected to perform like a genuine centre when he gets fit? Will he ever be good for 12-15 pts a game?
I wonder also about Herbert ,great defensively but thats about it. Should we have kept Davo?
Scotty needs to do more offensively with Coops at training. Cant train him as a back up then expect him to carry the can on game night.
I always believe that we should not have a player on the court that can not score whenever the defense fades even just a little! Every player out there should be hungry either for points or successful assist.
We are competative now but how much more consistant would we be if these issues could be sorted.
We are also thin on the bench, any injury and we are in trouble We are not going to win finals without extending our bench!
Comments!

Reply #258638 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Crocs v @adelaide36ers Audio BITES - press conference audio http://bit.ly/482KOx

im drivving in my car atm so no linky!

Reply #258640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Burston's injury?

Reply #258642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers need to look at Herbert, Burston and Cooper seriously. I'd much prefer a Henare like point guard behind Gilchrist instead of Nathan Herbert. He is undersized, struggles to get his shot off on his own and is not athletic. Cortez looked at his best tonight when at the point however. He was hitting the long ball but foul trouble hurt him. Burston is a good center when healthy but can ths guy stay fit or what. For years and years he has been injury prone. Cooper has been servicable but is really winding down. Was very funny to see him half attempt a 3 only to lose the handle... Molitor must really be poor as he never, ever see's the floor in a close game. There are a few Crocodiles youngsters worth poaching to be honest.

Crocodiles hit their shots and Crawford, Williams and Roberts all dominated.

Reply #258643 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hilly must sleep with a lot of you guys' wives!

It's ridiculous.

Reply #258644 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Reply #258645 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

You guys Should be Happy with a 1-1 split on a very tough 2 game road trip.At this point of the Season, any road trip Win is like Gold. I mean the Cats have only 1 road win all year and that was on a Buzzer beater by Lisch against the Crocs.

Reply #258646 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

I think fridays loss isnt a major kick in the teeth. Lets face it, how many teams have won away this year. The wildcats did it for a while as did the breakers however in the last few rounds, this hasnt happened. Was a good win against the Gong but sometimes travel and playing dont work too well. I am happy with 1-1. It puts us in line for a top 4 finish and more important, its only % that robs us of 2nd place. Dont be disillusioned by the loss guys, we are well placed at this stage and got a few home games now to consolidate, with melb tigers next week. Back at the dome is where we belong

Reply #258647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston's back was playing up all game.

Reply #258648 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most thought Schenscher or Rychart didn't seem to fit, but maybe they could've , given Burston's lack of minutes.
Depending on if it's a big league or small league and there seems to be some differing opinion on that, as with Ballinger at centre and the like.

Reply #258652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

1-1 isn't terrible from that road trip. Will definitely want to put Melbourne away on the 5th though.

Reply #258673 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Funny how a loss always brings out the knives.

1-1 on the road is a lot better than 0-2

Reply #258683 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

If Crawford gets 20 you know their perimeter game is on song and whoever they're playing is going to have trouble outscoring them.
Looking at the livescore Sixers never able to put enough pressure on Crocs who must have been smarting after loss to Breakers.
Not enough help for Ballinger to threaten.

Reply #258685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754