Anonymous
Years ago

Funny Talking Hoops Tuesday: Mee, Cattalini, Goorjian...

This weeks all star lineup on Talking Hoops include:

Brian Goorjian
Martin Cattalini
Darnell Mee
Andrew Vlahov (Ol School Segment)

Plus:

Talkback
State League Roundup

Coast FM - 88.7

6.30-8pm

Topic #2172 | Report this topic

allan ogg  
Years ago

This show is just too good for community radio, why doesnt a commercial station pick it up?

Reply #24552 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nice line up! Fantastic work.

I haven't had a chance to tune in yet, but will have to start this week.

Reply #24553 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

I anyone does catch it .. be sure to listen to how many times "Goorjie" says the word "fundamental" ... the guy loves that word ...Annoying as hell if you listen to him for more than a couple of mins at a time.

Other than that .. it should be a great show.. Vlahov is quite succinct.

Mr OGG,
Agreed on the 'pick up ' by commercial radio call !!

Reply #24562 | Report this post

Vapoorize  
Years ago

what nights it on?

Reply #24563 | Report this post

Stevey  
Years ago

Tuesday Night looking forward to local roundup and the Bearcats excuses

Reply #24564 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I hope it doesn't go 'commerical', that would ruin it, more adds and crap. Maybe some people that are on the show are more willing to give their time for a 'community' rather than some 'commerical' stuff.

What difference does it make if it's a community based radio station or a commercial station. Is the quality better coming from a commercial station????

I think we should be happy that we are getting a great thing without having to pay for it. I'm just waiting for FOX to buy it, and then charge us $40.00 per month to listen.

Reply #24565 | Report this post

allan ogg  
Years ago

It would get more exposure.

Reply #24567 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Would it get more exposure????

How????

The best exposure it can get is on forums like this, and word of mouth, it's radio not television.

Reply #24569 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

i think TR has been stung by commercial T.V ..?? Fox has disappointed me in the past .. but the realitites of Radio Stations are changing too .. look at 1395 with their new 'sports' format 24 hr sport .. i think ..

Reply #24571 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Plus, do you think a commerical station would dedicate 90 minutes to one topic during prime air time???

Not a chance, and if they did, they would probably be running adds and crap for a good 45 minutes of the segment.

Keep in on the community wavelength, and if you don't like basketball, let your fingers push a button and change it. No way a large commercial station could afford to turn so many people away that were not interested in basketball.

Reply #24573 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Glad i know the schedule ... coz have you heard some of the funny 'crap' they play on Coast ..?

Polka music meets disco !!

Reply #24578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tune in before hand for GREAT tunes from the 60's.

Reply #24605 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

'anonymous' ... should be 'Jukebox'

Reply #24647 | Report this post

Stevey  
Years ago

TR is on the money. Community stations are the way forward. Coast have some good shows. The Thursday night sports show is a better version of KG & Cornesy without the bias and easy to call through.

Keep up the good work Coast.

Reply #24650 | Report this post

Easy Rider  
Years ago

Can anybody give me a contact number for Paul Bell?

Reply #24661 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Email me for it.

Reply #24662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754