Isaac
Years ago

Cats-Blaze Rumble in the Jungle video

Here's video footage of the post-game incident from the Wildcats-Blaze game just been when the Gold Coast won a close game on the road in Perth.

Essentially, ex-Cats Harvey and Goulding had something of a gloating celebration at centre court and Weigh took offense, shoving Harvey and starting a bit of an all-in incident.

Road victories are hard to come by and every victory is going to be pretty special this season, and are especially sweet for players against their previous teams.

It gets people talking and creates yet another rivalry for Perth fans to fire up about.

Coaches Bevo and Wright both claimed in the post-game that the incident could only be good in getting the sport some press and showing the passion on the court.

I think Weigh has been reported for the initial shove that set things off. Punishment could be writing 100 times "Picking a fight with the team that has Vukona and Cameron is idiotic."

Topic #21720 | Report this topic

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Lets be Honest, there was Nothing in it. Look i lke Weigh, but he needs play with that much fire on the court to. During games he does tend to go into he's Shell at times and plays lacksidasical defense and offense. hopefully it's an age thing. he's a mercurial talent, but he should extract more of that nasty streak during games as well.

BTW, i think this is the Kick up the Backside we needed. Two games ago everyone was talking us up as the best in the leagu by a fair margin and i'm sure some of the Ctas players bought into that. there heads got to big and they thought all we have to do is rockup and Teams will just roll over.

Reply #258797 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

I think the NBL has to take some action. This could have escalated into an all in ugly brawl.
2 issues to deal with
Weigh initiation of episode and
Harvey's response.

Reply #258799 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I would have reacted exactly the same as Harvey if shoved, Weigh acted like a child throwing his toys out of the cot.
Props for the publicity for the sport, bring back tha biff lol

Reply #258800 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

CatsFan - when did anyone talk up Perth as 'the best in the league by a fair margin'?
Odd thing to say when the top 6 teams all are within 1 game of each other

Reply #258803 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

I would have liked to see punishment handed out by Pero, Vukona and Petrie.

Redhage acting all tough, he'd be snapped if either of those Blaze unleashed, so would every other player not named Martin C.

Reply #258805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep it in the papers...it will get more ppl to the next game...

Reply #258809 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep great stuff - the whole game was played with that sort of intensity, and we need more NBL games to be at that playoff intensity from early in the season to draw more fans.

Reply #258811 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Agree KEVY47,Reghage can only throw off the ball elbows at guards, Phil Jones threw one at him and he didn't do squat so I'm not sure what he thought he was gonna do to big Pero or Mika Vukona.
Cat's about the only Perth player who looks like he could fight his way outa a wet paper bag with scissors in his hands

Reply #258813 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

cat is old angry man lately :)

Reply #258819 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

That's two massive road wins by the Blaze this year!! (Also won in Auckland).

Reply #258820 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

What a sooky lil b@tch Weigh is! There was no need for him to push Harvey after the game had finished.

Reply #258830 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Listen to all this tough talk, as if the players are actually going to have a fight. And when did Petrie join the tough guy group? Is it because he has a beard?

Considering 90% of the players on the court were trying to stop the incident, who cares who would win in a fight?

What Weigh did was wrong but understandable. What Harvey did (in retaliating) was also wrong but understandable too. What Casey Frank did was completely unacceptable and he should be held responsible for escalating a situation for no reason other than he wanted some more court time.

Reply #258833 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

TC2, in what way can Weigh's unprovoked push on Harvey after the game be justified? Because Harvey was standing in the centre circle with his hands in the air? That constitues provocation that gives Weigh an excuse does it?

Agree not much in the whole 'brawl', but they still need to hand out some penalties.

Reply #258834 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Come on, if you are going to describe what Harvey did as "standing around with his hands in the air" then we're not going to get to the bottom of this. The footage doesn't show the build up to the shove either.

I said what Weigh did was wrong but if you are walking of the court after a tough loss and two guys are being completely over the top with their celebrations, you aren't going to be too thrilled.

Reply #258835 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

You are right, I didn't see the build up. Care to inform me?

Well in that case, if being over the top with celebrations is a crime, St Kilda ought to have started a massive brawl with Geelong after the AFL Grand Final.

Come on, they just knocked off the top team, at home, where they were undefeated, and where nobody gave them a chance in hell, probably after the crowd had given them hell all game. They are celebrations, would you prefer that they just walked off court meekly?

For all the above, Mick Hill should NEVER be forgiven in Adelaide for his post game antics ;-)

Reply #258841 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Frank was useless all game and had heaps of cheap shots during the game!

Reply #258844 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I have no problems with players being happy. If they want to act like they just won a GF then they can go for it. It just shows that they don't expect to win too many more games.

At the end of the game, rather than do the obligatory hand-shaking, Harvey grabbed Goulding and led him to centre court and started this pre-mediated hand-slapping and crowd saluting. It was right in the way of everyone and it was there to incite a reaction. It was also a big "f*** you" to the crowd, who has always been respectful of Harvey (and most former players too). There was just no need for it. Weigh got caught up in it and decided to let them know. As I said, it was wrong but understandable. The response was wrong, but understandable too.

What Frank did was just moronic and worthy of more punishment than the rest. Even though the game was over, his response (and ensuing result) is the exact reason that the NBA has bench clearing rules in place. What good did his heroics do? They made a silly incident ten times worse.

Reply #258845 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Love it.. passion.. excitement, imagine the crowds next time the Blaze visit Perth.. or vice versa.

I can only hope that we see that level of excitment and passion when one Mr Hodge visits Adelaide.

But will we?... who is going to start the push n shove??

Reply #258847 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

TC2, Harvey and Goulding do the same "Special" celebration after every win. Do you feel they shouldn't be allowed to on another teams home court?

The Jungle has turned into the most feral stadium in Australia and as a result this sort of behaviour seems to be "justified".

Reply #258848 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

"TC2, Harvey and Goulding do the same "Special" celebration after every win. Do you feel they shouldn't be allowed to on another teams home court?
"

If they are going to do it to get a reaction, they can't complain when they actually get one. I don't know, have they done the same thing after other away wins this year?

"The Jungle has turned into the most feral stadium in Australia and as a result this sort of behaviour seems to be "justified"."

Give me a break. What other incidents have there been? When has fighting ever been condoned, be it amongst players and/or spectators? Don't just make shit up and then expect anyone to buy it. You're talking crap.

Reply #258849 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

KingJ, I agree with TC2 on this one. The Cage clearly has the most feral supporters! :-)

Reply #258851 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

TC2, ask anyone that's played with/against Petrie if they think he fits the "tough guy group"

Reply #258852 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

KEVY, go and start a "who is the best fighter" thread and post pics of your WWF dolls in it.

Reply #258856 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

this thread is making me lol

Reply #258857 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I would start a fight with you but I shaved this morning so I am less tough than yesterday.

Reply #258858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh started it so throw the book at him.

Reply #258868 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Yeah, he should be arrested.

Reply #258870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bitches please!

Reply #258874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TC2, Drop the obfuscation, you're a Wildcats supporter.

Weigh started the whole thing and no amount of your "yeah but the Blaze celebrated too much" garbage has any relevance.

Reply #258876 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I love it. That's the passion I want in my NBL.

Reply #258877 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I've never said that Weigh didn't start it, or that he was left with no choice but to push his way out if it. What I am saying is that the Blaze guys or their supporters can't whinge about getting a reaction when their actions were designed to incite a reaction.

Now, anonymous, you are the fifth person to jump in and put words in my mouth. Considering I have had to repeat myself several times, you missing the point again is just baffling.

Reply #258880 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Oh, and if you are going to use a word like obfuscation, don't say it to the guy who has repeated himself five times and still can't get people to read what is in front of them. My message couldn't be any clearer.

Reply #258881 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

*eShoves thread*

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Reply #258883 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Who does Weigh think he is? He should be suspended & fined. The only answer to something like that is to put it in your vault & get em next time. Or king hit him! Pull your head in Weigh you are not even a good player yet!

Reply #258913 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Good point. Let us know when he is a good player so he can be told that he has the green light to push people.

Reply #258926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That fight looked like a bunch of homos trying to gain access to the steam room first!

Reply #258946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #258949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #262063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754