Isaac
Years ago

Introducing: NBA 2K10

To round out 2009 and for a bit of 2010 too, 2K Sports and their new release NBA 2K10 are sponsors of Hoops.com.au. As part of this, I have a giveaway (read on for details) and a couple of reviews to come over the next few weeks from forum regulars.

I played 2K9 last year courtesy of 2K Sports and look forward to cracking open 2K10 (Bizzy's leant me his copy of Fallout 3, so I'm currently playing that) in the near future. I had a great time with 2K9 starting with the 76ers and trading and trading until barely an original Philly was left while I tried to create the uber-stealing team. Over Easter, we had some monster four-player bouts including a very noisy game that taught us why Oscar and Nino shouldn't be teammates in a crucial Lakers vs Celtics showdown. Oh, and that classic moment where one picks the Celtics only to notice too late that the live rosters features has Garnett out injured.

I'll let 2K Sports themselves run you through the features now, but remember to read until the end to find out how you could grab a copy of 2K10 for Xbox 360 or PS3.

NBA 2K10 is raising the bar again with another Championship season. NBA 2K9, the #1 selling & #1 rated NBA videogame, set the standard for all basketball videogames, and NBA 2K10 surpasses that by delivering an even better basketball experience this year with all-new gameplay components, out-of-this-world graphics, even more realistic Signature Style animations, all-new presentation elements and an unrivalled online system -- this season you won't just play the NBA, you’ll TAKE OVER.

GAME FEATURES

- NBA Today - All the real world matchups, news and stats are automatically streamed right into your game. No longer will your commentary and overlays be stale and out of date. NBA Today keeps everything fresh and up to date based upon what is really happening in the NBA.

- My Player Mode - Create the ultimate NBA player and guide his every career move. Start as an undrafted rookie in the Summer Circuit; work hard enough and you may get an invite to participate in an NBA team’s training camp, or you may end up in the D-League. The road to being an NBA star is a long and hard battle.

- Living Rosters - The 2K Insider and his team of NBA analysts continue to provide the most up-to-date team and player information, including roster and lineup moves, trades, injuries and player ratings. Now track all of the changes through the season with interactive menus and analysis.

- Seamless Online Experience – Forget the past, with NBA2K10 online play is fully incorporated into every mode of the game. Now you can play the AI, challenge the friend sitting next to you or play your buddy across town anytime, from anywhere in the game.

- Signature Play - Signature Play pulls together all of NBA 2K’s player Signature Styles and adds in all-new Signature Tendencies and facial expressions, creating NBA 2K10 teams that play and react like their real life counterparts for an unbelievably realistic NBA experience.

- Crews: Round up your friends and build the ultimate squad, using either your created players from My Player mode or an actual NBA team, then go online and battle other Crews for bragging rights and progression points as you try to climb your way to the top of the Crew leaderboard rankings.

- NEW Intuitive Offensive Controls - All-new easy-to-use dribbling and post game controls allow you to pull off ankle breaking IsoMotion moves and dominate like Kobe from the perimeter to the paint.

- Shut Down D - Shut down teams down like never before with innovative defensive controls that allow you to shadow your opponent’s every move, deny position off-ball, and even select how you want to contest shots.

- Deeper Association – The Association strives for the title of best franchise mode in sports with full incorporation of the NBA Development League, the ability to control all 30 NBA teams at once, restricted free agency, real-time practice, an all-new player progression system, and a host of other enhancements

Thanks to 2kSports for their support!

Now, the giveaway. I have a 360 copy and a PS3 copy to give away, plus a bunch of 2K10 hats and Footlocker vouchers. For a chance to win from this pile of loot (read: pick up from Isaac's office), email [email protected] with the subject line "2K10 giveaway" and an email body including your name, preferred platform (360 or PS3) and answer the following easy questions which are all easily found with a bit of Googling around:

1. How much does the 36ers' "Got Balls" Ballinger tribute t-shirt cost?

2. Sturt Sabre and lone-brother from the epic hoops dynasty the Bowleys, David Bowley, has branched out with his own wine release under the label Vinteloper (it's decent stuff, so don't be afraid to buy some). How many cases were produced of his 2008 McLaren Vale Shiraz?

3. Forum regular TR for some insane reason supports which NBA team?

4. What are the first names of the two Dutch trainees currently working for my company Triplezero?

5. In which Australian city are Dunk Uniforms based?

6. My 2K9 team currently includes Hinrich, G Wallace and Camby. What NBA team did I start with?

7. (Tie-breaker and might require guessing or annoying him via Facebook - sorry Luke!) On which facial feature (ignore his hair) is Luke Schenscher most often complimented?

Remember, if you are not a winner, NBA 2K10 is available from game shops and websites everywhere. Also keep an eye on the forum for reviews from Bizzy and Nino in the future.

(PS, best haiku about Chris Anstey - including a seasonal reference of course - gets one of the Footlocker vouchers.)

Topic #21723 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

I've got all but the tie-breaker.

Reply #258888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA 2K10 FTW! Awesome to see them sponsoring hoops.com.au and they are what i believe to be clearly superior to the Live series.

I've got 2K7,8 and 10 :P

Reply #258891 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I bought it for the Wii on Saturday. Loving it so far.

Reply #258892 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm playing Live now, it's not too bad, a bit cartoonish, but overall pretty good...

It won't stop me from trading it in for 2K10...

Reply #258893 | Report this post

ggg  
Years ago

you cant find questions 6 or 7 on google, this is hard and i dont even know what a haiku is haha

Reply #258911 | Report this post

ggg  
Years ago

ahhhhh i see it now

Reply #258914 | Report this post

lb  
Years ago

yeah i've always rated the 2k versions over the Live too

Reply #258915 | Report this post

lb  
Years ago

forgot to ask, when are winners notified Isaac? great comp!

Reply #258917 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will give it a few days and then email winners back.

Reply #258919 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Chris Anstey can't shoot,

I had to google 'haiku',

Don't really get it.

It's good right?

Reply #258923 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lacks a seasonal reference, e.g., something about the heat, or dry air, or birds in Spring, even air-con (for an Australian flavour). I'll make one up to demonstrate (seasonal reference in bold):

New leaf in Jersey
Kiki rumoured replacement
Hodge is distracted

Reply #258935 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

New leaf in Jersey
Kiki rumoured replacement
Hodge is distracted

haha gold. should be in the hodge missing thread..

Reply #258963 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

A Game so nice, I bought it twice.

Reply #258984 | Report this post

Years ago

Anyone know where I can buy it for PC? I can't seem to find it in stores anywhere!

Reply #259055 | Report this post

Something  
Years ago

I downloaded the demo version on my PS3. Couldn't quite figure out how to beat the computer (who was basically scoring at will while I bricked everything). Got bored after awhile.

Reply #259069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All interested, entries for the giveaways close this Friday.

Reply #259153 | Report this post

rayray  
Years ago

Hey isaac, can you please read out the answers on here and the best haikus so i can have a bit of a chuckle. thanks

Reply #259367 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will post a couple of the better haikus on Monday. Meanwhile, here are the answers:

1. $54
2. 201
3. Bobcats
4. Rick and Roy
5. Brisbane
6. 76ers
7. His teeth (only two correct guesses I think - I suspect one person asked Luke on Facebook, and the other took a look at his brilliant smile and guessed!)

Reply #259375 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"7. His teeth (only two correct guesses I think - I suspect one person asked Luke on Facebook, and the other took a look at his brilliant smile and guessed!)"

So who was 1st???

Reply #259376 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I dont use facebook so as Isaac said i gazed at a photo of him online and noticed his perfect pearly whites and took a stab. Pretty funny guess really.

Reply #259383 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Have the winners been announced yet?

Reply #260053 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, been a bit distracted as you can imagine. Will try to get to it tomorrow.

Reply #260058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got two clear winners with 7/7 questions answered correctly, but both have the same preferred platform listed and I only have one copy from that platform to give away. Waiting to hear back from the guys.

These three haiku entries have each won a $50 Footlocker voucher.

Christmas in three weeks
Mister Anstey needs new hips
Hodge is gone again
Hot tempered Anstey
Sidelined with a busted hip
Career end in sight
anstey shoots a three
he gets another airball
and whinges again

(Was reading them thinking "These guys are obsessed with Chris Anstey!" and then remembered that I had set him as the theme. Hah.)

Pick-up is from my office. Will detail that in an email once I hear back from the two winners first.

Reply #260190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The two winners are Bazza (PS3) and Xztatik (360).

Three haiku winners have each also been notified of their winning of a $50 Footlocker voucher.

The correct answers to the seven questions as posted the other day are:

1. $54
2. 201
3. Bobcats
4. Rick and Roy
5. Brisbane
6. 76ers
7. His teeth

Prize pick-ups are from my office, but text first to confirm that I will be here.

Thanks to those who entered.

Reply #261208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754