Isaac
Years ago

Forman named Player of the Week

Could've been a coin-flip because I thought that Corey Williams probably had him beaten with his 29 (10/18), 6 and 3 in a win over Adelaide, but Oscar Forman has won Player of the Week for his 23 points and eight rebounds against Cairns.

Forman grilled the Cairns Taipans for a game-high 23 points in the Breakers' lone game this round, shooting 7 three-pointers as part of an 8-from-13 night that saw him finish with an overall field goal percentage of 61.5 per cent.

'The Big O' also snagged eight rebounds in the 94-77 Breakers’ win over the Taipans, a victory that snapped Cairns’ two game winning streak and put New Zealand a game above .500.
Homicide was indeed the runner-up while John Gilchrist and Adam Ballinger both averaged 21.5 PPG over a 1-1 road trip.

Anthony Petrie got a mention for 17 and 6 with five blocks in a road win over Perth while James Harvey had 21 points and Kirk Penney racked up 22 points in his return from injury.
Other contenders for the award were Peter Crawford (Townsville), Tywain McKee (Wollongong), Round 2 Player of the Week Rich Melzer (Cairns), and Kevin Lisch (Perth).

Topic #21728 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

well deserved award, he played awesome

Reply #258966 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I could still kick ass at Mitcham, with some late night shake and bake haha with a bball or a flouro novelty size tennis ball!

Reply #258967 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Forman, petrie and homicide all had 50 pts -in fantasy NBL and Gilchrist and Ballinger averaged in 40s.
With the away win Petrie also would have been a worthy winner- as would Homicide.

Reply #258968 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Rigged! I bet he wins this NBA 2K10 comp too.

Reply #258972 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No need TC2, asked 2kSports to give me copies for my friends so I didn't have to do that!

Reply #258975 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

But you never asked me for my postal address?

Reply #258976 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I sent it to you courtesy of the Wildcats' venue. Going by the celebrations, Goulding and Harvey might've received it by accident.

Reply #258981 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

that made me lol

Reply #258982 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Well played and well deserved.

Any truth to the apparent acceptance speech:

"I'ld like to thank my parents, especially my Mum and Dad"

Reply #258986 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I'm happy for Oscar - he played very well, I'm not going to sook about Corey not getting it because O played and shot extremely well.

But when Hodge won...

Reply #259044 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Agree with Isaac re Williams but we'll take it.
When Oscar gets his feet set he is as good as anyone in the league at knocking down the "three". His best game of year and he will get a lot of confidence from this.

Reply #259060 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Could have gone either way IMO. Both would have been deserving winners.

Reply #259071 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is this his first POW Isaac?
And what does he actually win?

Reply #259073 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

He wins a everyone will stop giving him shit about his D for a week ;)

Reply #259075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First POTW I assume and I don't think he gets anything actually. The days of the electronic toothbrushes from Philips are sadly over.

Reply #259076 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not even a novelty cheque!

humbugs.

Reply #259077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754