Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Hawks, Dec 3

This afternoon's Fox game sees New Zealand host Wollongong. The Hawks are paying $4 at Centrebet and would shift to top spot on the ladder with a win.

NZ, however, have regained Kirk Penney and won three of their last four.

Your tips?

Topic #21744 | Report this topic

tuffturf  
Years ago

I think the Hawks on a line are the best bet at +8.5

Also the score total going under 166.5

They would be my picks for the game

Reply #259211 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers at home, I'll go with them without a doubt

Reply #259227 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Game of the season.

Reply #259235 | Report this post

pass the ball  
Years ago

Great win for the Hawks this should bring back their confidence.Should be a great rematch in Wollongong on the 12 December.

Reply #259237 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

mckee is a quality import not only because of his talent but his work ethic and his team work, hawks have got one hell of an import there.

breakers should have won but huge credit to the hawks for never giving up they are a quality side this yr and it's good to see them doing so well.

Reply #259247 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Good summary Man of moment.
Breakers controlled it almost all of the way but could not put Hawks away. Hawks hung tough (shot and reboounded well) and pinched it at the death.
McKee and Gruber were sensational.
Didn't help that with 3seconds left no TO's left to advance ball.
Penney had chance to ice it but couldn't quite deliver.
CJ really efficient. Solid game from Rickert.

Reply #259262 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Hawks kicked us on the offensive boards (17) and that just kept them in the game. 10 Defensive boards between Ronaldson, Forman, Boucher and Penney will not get it done.
Its hard to see with our lineup how we can improve this, short of another import and that's probably not going to happen.

Every time we threatened to pull away to a double figure lead, a mini run usually lead by McKee got them back into the contest.
And of course at money time, Saville and McKee stepped up.

Reply #259265 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last two shots went to Abercrombie and Boucher which probably wasn't ideal. Breakers had control for 95% of the game but the Hawks wouldn't give up. Gruber was very efficient.

Reply #259268 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on Isaac, Hawks did a good job of making someone other than Bruton and Penney win it down the stretch. Especially good effort after Bruton had taken over earlier in the fourth with 14 points.

In contrast the Breakers had McKee bamboozled early but then released the pressure down the stretch and let him make some big plays.

Interesting point guard matchup. Bruton was much mroe efficient (22 points on 8 fga and 1TO vs 29 points on 24 fga and 6TO) and I had him well on top but then McKee made some big plays where Bruton was happy to rely on teammates, and as a result the Hawks won - so I called the matchhup a tie.

Reply #259288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754