Isaac
Years ago

Blaze vs Taipans, Dec 4

The Taipans, now 6-10 after a loss in Townsville, stay on the road and play the Blaze tonight. Gold Coast are easy favourites with Cairns paying around the $4 mark. Then again, so were Wollongong last night...

Still, the Blaze have earned a bit of respect recently with road wins in NZ and Perth. Can anyone see them losing this one?

Topic #21749 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

What a schedule Cairns have to put up with.
If Melzer and Jones don't get going early it could be another long night. Cairns just are not going to score enough to worry teams.
And they have to stick to Man defence and forget that zone (even if it takes some air out of the ball).

Reply #259285 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Zone was good against Melbourne, but Gold Coast are a completely different proposition from the perimeter. Worry I ahve for Cairns is that Fearne will tell them to play a slow game to counteract the Blaze, but that will just lead to a blow out with Gold Coast much more effective in half court offence.

To have any chance Cairns need to take some risks and look to get easy scores and then back their transition D to cover the other way.

Gold Coast by 15 after a close forst half for mine.

Reply #259286 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

Everytime ive thought Cairns are done and dusted this season, they have turned it on, and got a win. the Blaze if the NBL pattern is to go by, are due for a loss. I like the Taipans in a big upset tonight by 5-10.

Reply #259287 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I cant see Cairns getting close....unless of course that is how the Blaze players are thinking too.

Hopefully Joey is all over it and keeping them focussed and we jump out the blocks early.

Going to be tough considering they had to play Wednesday night, Id say Blaze by 14 after easing up and running the bench players a bit

Reply #259299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold Coast are now live streaming and tonight is their first game.

They are offering tonight's stream free of charge.

http://linky.com.au/ulk8x

Reply #259315 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Bill, whats wrong with Cairn's schedule? They play back to back nights once for the whole year which seems pretty generous at first glance.

Reply #259354 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754