Isaac
Years ago

Galen Young confirmed as a Wildcat

For those still waiting on a MSM confirmation of this old news, The West has a story on the signing of Galen Young by the Perth Wildcats.

Mentions that they're looking for a bit of experience to add to a fairly young roster. Young previously played in Townsville where he was handy though unspectacular.

Topic #21752 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Great call a few days ago then Isaac. This will be interesting to see how he slots in.

Reply #259328 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

im not too excited about this signing (from a wildcats member) it could go pear shaped on us :(

Reply #259332 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This oculdbe a very good signing that could well bring a title to Perth, or it could result in a dismal failure. I think it could go well...

Reply #259337 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Galen is a very laid back kinda guy but once he gets on the floor he will do anything for a win. You will see him rip into his team mates but only because he expects a lot out of them.

All of the players here respected him very highly on and off the floor.

He isn't spectacular but does a lot of little things that will help the Wildcats.

AND i'm pretty sure his agency is Barry Gibson & John Rillie's BREVALTO...

Reply #259340 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

We Really do need a legit Playmaker besides Damo. He gives us a versatile look at certian strecthes with

PG:Young
SG:Weigh
SF:Cattalini
PF:Redhage
C:Schenscher

That allows us to go big and it will allow young to use he's main asset which is he's passing and playmaking.

Reply #259366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

young at point guard? i dont think so

Reply #259369 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Galen will average 10 turnovers a game if he plays PG. Martin, Robbins and Lisch are all in good form, run with it.

Schenscher/Wagstaff
Redhage/Young/Catt/Wagstaff
Weigh/Young/Catt
Lisch/Weigh/Williamson
Martin/Robbins/Lisch

Reply #259377 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

I said in stretches. l meant like 3 in or 4 minutes in a game. anyway, i doubt young will be infront of Cattalini interms of depth chart. Cattalini is a better scorer and pretty much has established himself. Most likley Scenario is that Young will get the backup C and Some minutes at PF behind Redhage and Wagstagff.probaly around 12 to 15 minutes at most.

Reply #259378 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

BTW, the Cats have a descent looking bench now

Robbins
Williamson
Cattalini
Wagstaff
Young

Reply #259379 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Poor signing by the Cats. If they were looking for import help, they could've done a lot better than Young, who appeared lackadaiscal in his stint with the Crocs.

Every other team's gain perhaps.

Reply #259380 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The one positive I will say about this signing is that Young wasnt capable of being a good NBL import, and was expected to do too much at Townsville. At Perth he can just be a role player who rebounds, defends and makes hustle plays, so he may well fit in very nicely.

Reply #259696 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754