Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Wildcats, Dec 10

Cats could take outright first on the ladder with a road win in NZ. Sounds like Young will be too late to suit for Perth but they'll be looking for revenge after a tough loss there last time. NZ meanwhile will be looking to atone after giving up last week's game to Wollongong.

The Breakers are favourites with the Cats paying $2.80 for the win.

Start time is about 4:30 Adelaide time and the game is on Fox, AFAIK.

Your tips?

Topic #21816 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth by 6

Reply #260763 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

CATTALINI YOU BLOODY LEDGEND

Reply #260777 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

LISCH HIT YOU'RE FREE THROWS PLEASE. . WE WERE down by 20. cattalini single handedly brought us bac. 18 last quarter points by the CAT

Reply #260778 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, good win by the Wildcats

Reply #260779 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

We played terrible for 3 quarters and Catt delivers in the 4th. the breakers are in trouble. if they cant put us away in our current poor form, there gonna struggle when were on top of our game. they led 76 to 56 at one stage..

I gotta say though, Penny is a stud. grat, great player.

Reply #260780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth defeat New Zealand: Cattalini 18, Lisch 17, Wagstaff 15 - Penney 29, Bruton 19, Rickert 14.

Cattalini was brilliant in the final quarter, the team dropped 38 points and Cattalini had 18 on his own. Wagstaff, Lisch, Redhage, Weigh and Schenscher were all great at times. In fact every Perth player scored 7 or more and with Young coming in there is definitely no weak link in that team

Reply #260781 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Catt and Lisch both in my FNBL starting line up! :-)

Reply #260783 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Good to see Bevo finally allow Cat finish a game. every time this year Cat seemed to get on a roll, he would bench him for Weigh.look i like weigh, but right now a proven Winner like Cat who can still drop 40 on any given night needs more minutes.hopefully this is a a trend from here on. Cat was insane. in the last quarter he and penny went blow for blow with cat with all the answers it seemed.

Reply #260784 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great game! Catt the difference. Bruton and Penney starting to find good form, but still not at full strength yet. New Zealand defintely need an import 3 if they want to win the title.

Last year they couldnt stop Ere, this time it was Cattalini. Their defence is too passive down the stretch due to their lack of athleticism and youth.

Perth's win will hide some weaknesses, especially the fact that NZ ran their offence almost exactly as they wanted tonight.

Reply #260790 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Breakers caught Sixers disease (should be a good matchup Sat). What is another way we can come up with to lose this game!
We scored plenty, sometimes with ridiculous ease (Perth defense over rated) but vital TO's and inability to get it done at defensive end cost us.

Penny, CJ, Rickert and Boucher had solid games, but the Cat and Lisch too strong down stretch.

Reply #260793 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Cats are in a form slump right now. hopefully that 4th quarter is going to be a spark we need to hit form again. also having so many weapons on the bench can work two ways. one it can be handy with you outlasting teams during the crucial stages having fresh bodies. or it can disrupt players rhythems. it's not easy for studs like Cattalini who is a starter calibare player to be effective in 10 minutes a night.Samething for Wagstaff

Reply #260797 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Perth ran the same play every time down in 4th. High pick and roll. Forced the switch. Ifwe had been more aggressive and got after Damian Martin I'm sure we could have forced him to cough it up. It is not as though he even looks to shoot when he coes off pick. Dillon would have given him something to think about if he had been on switch.

Boucher really gets in Redhage's head, almost put a lid on his game.
Rillie 2/2 treys, could have played more, although not much help defensively.

That Lisch really impresses me. Tough as nails, and so composed.

When Abercrombie picked up his 4th he was subbed. Why? Oscar who can hit the odd big shot but is exposed defensively replaced him??

Breakers had 26 assists. I don't think you can get any better at executing your offence.

Ronaldson spends too much time outside (esp. down stretch) where early in game he and Rickert had their way inside.
Breakers shot 32 of 72 3's at decent clip admitedly, but still not enough paint action for mine. Hopefully Sixers will do the right thing this Sat.

Reply #260815 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Agree Bill, the Bear needs to be inside banging bodies not playing stand round the arc with CJ and Penney. Breakers need to get some heart and close a game out

Reply #260816 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cats and Hawks have really shown their mettle in those two NZ games recently.

Anyone think that Cat got away with pushing off Bruton twice during his late rampage? Thought the refs might've picked him up for the second one.

Also, when the Breakers were on around 62-64 points, what happened with Boucher's score from the Cats' in-bound? Looked like he picked off their pass and put it straight in, but it wasn't counted?

He did the same thing in the Hawks game and (on my parents' non-widescreen TV) it was hard to see what had actually happened.

Got on Perth at $2.80 which was a bit long. Breakers and 36ers are both going to be desperate for a win on Saturday.

Reply #260825 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

See you at the game with your Breakers singlet on Isaac?

Reply #260827 | Report this post

MACDUB1  
Years ago

Yeah that basket from Boucher should have counted. Redhage (i think it was) just recklessley threw the ball in and Boucher got a hand to it and put it in.
Referees overturned it, probably simply because they didn't see it

Reply #260829 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Isaac, the guy throwing the inbound dropped the ball out of bounds so someone else could pass it in and Boucher just grabbed it and laid it up, I don't think it even went in (Could be wrong)

Reply #260830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BS, did he drop it within the court (e.g., possibly a fumbled pass)? Boucher is like a machine sent from the future with the sole purpose of stealing the ball from the other team. So sneaky.

Reply #260835 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I thought he was just putting it down for the other guard to pass it. They were doing that all night (making the 2 man pass the ball). That is what I thought when I saw it

Reply #260836 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great win by Perth after trailing by so much. Penney was great and looks to be returning to form, but so was Cat in the 4th...

Reply #260837 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Boucher is a underrated passer. everyone knows about he's defense, but he is also a very good passer.

Reply #260903 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

You're absolutely dead right there with Boucher, Cats Fan.
A question re your team.
With Galen young coming in, he will be a mid/low post up option because he is such a good passer and with Catallini striking form, meaning more minutes (and more skills). How will Redhage react to not being the focus?
He played poorly the other night (2nd in a row against us here).
Boucher seems to annoy the hell out of him.
The other thing about your team, Weigh is outstanding shooter, not sure about his put it on floor ability? but I doubt he can mark anyone. Is this too harsh?

Reply #260905 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Weigh lack of ability to create anything for himself is no secret. Thats why Schenscher and Redhage try to set alot of picks for him to get open. He is still young and he will improve. i'm not to concerned.

Boucher is a Bonafide Monster on defense. he pretty much gets under everyones skin. i loved him as a Wildcat. he was a huge fan fave in he's only one season here. so it's no suprise he had Big Shawn flusterd.Redhage is still the main focus, but with such a deep team, we try to spread the load. in almost every game we've played this season, we've had atleast 5 to 6 people in double figures. even in our losses.so in essence really thats why Redhage is'nt being getting as many as shots that he has been over the years. but trust me, game tied up perth with the ball 10 seconds to go, we will still go to Redhage 10 times out of 10.

As for Young? I'm Pretty sure he'll get no more then 10 to 12 minutes a night. most probaly backing up Schenscher. i could also see him being used alot at the high post with he's supposed passing/playmaking skills.

Reply #260930 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Thanks for that Cats Fan.
You must be loving Lisch over there as well.
If your guys can tidy up the defensive end, your team looks the best balanced in the league.
It's hard to see them not being 1/2.

Reply #260932 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Lish is our "indicator". when he is on Attack mode and is creating and Scoring, we generally play well. The thing i love about him is he is clutch. he picks he's Spots. he knows when to play the team game and move the ball, but he also knows when we need him to get aggasive. he is a very mature young 23 year old. i can see him being at the Cats for years.

You're right about the Primeter defense. we do tend to giveup to many open threes. against the Breakers it almost destroyed us. the Breakers are loaded with shooters and you give them that much leeway, they will destroy you and they almost did.

I still see the Breakers as our biggest threat. that team has way to much class/talent to not make it in the top 4.

Reply #260954 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

You've stumbled on a good one with Lisch. He is ICE alright. The way he strides to line you just know its going in.
His duel with CJ was a mirror of the two teams, and that steal off CJ was the defining moment in the game. Solid strait up def. right position....
The other guy I forgot to give a wrap to, was Wagstaff. His 15 points were big.
Your defense gives up penetration too easily and when others help out it leaves people wide open.
Good luck tonight. You should be too strong for Woolongong. It's only their Def that keeps them in games.

Reply #260982 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Thanks mate, but at the Gong they are a tough nut to crack.it'll be interesting how we back up from the trans tasman trip.

Reply #260991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754