Isaac
Years ago

NBL Grand Final series, Kings vs Hawks

It's a five game series. What's your guess at the outcome?

The format is Sydney home, Wollongong, Sydney, Wollongong, Sydney.

My pick: Kings, 3-1, wrapping it up on the road. Hawks come out like thugs in the first but get in foul trouble and drop the game. Come out blazing to take the second with Campbell shooting well. Then the Kings to take the next, and then win a slugfest in Wollongong to walk off with the prize.

Word in the Sydney papers is that unless the Kings sell out their stadium for the first final, they are likely to make a financial loss for the year. Their previous finals crowd was less than their season average, so it will be tough.

Topic #2184 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Hopefully Sydney win.

I mean for the sake of the NBL once they 3 peat then fans will get on board in Sydney then the FTA networks will realise how popular the game is and start showing games live on Friday and Saturdays.

Once it is on TV then sponsors will be rolling through the door throwing money at the league.

Hnag on i think i have heard this before.....

for Darnell I hope the Hawks get it.

CJ is a pussy and i can not wait to watch Darnell take him apart.

Sav v J Smith will be a great match up...very similar styled games.

Not a huge focus on their post up game but a lot of running the floor.....hope that the refs punish Sydney's NRL style defence.

Reply #24675 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Go Darnell, err.. I mean Hawks.

My tip is Hawks in 5.

Kent : I think that is wishful thinking on your part, re: a king 3peat achieving positive for the league.

Reply #24691 | Report this post

Dan the Man  
Years ago

Yeah im back boys, don't kick me off this time i promise i will be good.

The kings will never get fans because they have no area around sydney that they focus on. Living in wollongong its good to have a local team, and that is why we get the same amount to our games than sydney do. bear in mind we have 250,000 people and they have 4 million.

Their fans are not connected to them in any way, plus there are too many things to do in sydney and the whole place is too white collar to attract the fans.

Reply #24902 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kent, I don't agree that fans will start coming back in the door if Sydney 3 Peat. The fan count has been declining each year for the last 3 years despite the fact that they have been winning championships. I don't particularly care about this championship because I don't want either team to win so whichever way it goes I'll be disappointed.

Reply #25024 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was being sarcastic.

Reply #25052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754