The Journo
Years ago

36ers should be 11-4

Obivously not a good position to be in right now but I don't think Adelaide aree too far off the mark.
Going by Adelaide's horror last quarters and the inability to finish off a game and make the big play, hit the pair of free throws or whatever, I think they should be 11-4 and a top of the competition.

Losses that should have been wins are:
1. Last night, enough said.
2. Last Wednesday against Gold Coast
3. The Hodge debacle
4. The OT loss in NZ

You could probably add the first Tigers game in their too but they did lose by 11.

Topic #21840 | Report this topic

Cats Fan  
Years ago

It wll Turnaround for you guys. i have no doubt about it. it Starts with better decision making. better ball movement to beat traps, better boxing out and getting the ball to Ballinger in the clutch. those are the basic things of basketball. Adelaide has more then enough talent to turn it around. you guys are playing as good as anyone for 3 quarters, get the basics right and you guys can challenge anyone. you just gotta stay positive. it all starts this Wednesday.

I am rooting for the 6ers. after The Cats, they are my second fave team. i allways saw us Cats and 6ers fan being a united front against those feral sydney and Victorian fans. you gotta will get it together.

Reply #261164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should of, would of, could of....big game for you on Wednesday, lose and bye bye playoff's?? Easier said then done cats fan, you guys have problems to, and if you think young is going to help you are wrong....all he will do is disrupt harmony and take away mins...Perth will get there though...sixers gone

Reply #261173 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Should HAVE, would HAVE, could HAVE....

Reply #261177 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

lol Yeah and Hawks should be 11-3 if you take out the two Adelaide losses, which they would have been expected to win

Reply #261185 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good perspective Journo. You can't expect to win all the close ones, but its fair to call a split and say we should have won the Tigers and Breakers games. Those were games that were in the bag.

So its not a stretch to say we should have been 9-6 and looking very good. A couple of losses makes all the difference in this tight comp!

Sixers fans need to keep the faith. Sure this team is flawed, but the league and our team is going through a very disruptive period and the thing we need most is some stability to give coach and players some time to grow together.

I think a couple of tweaks is what is needed. I'd like to see Groves come off the bench and Ng start. The team needs to learn to run some screens and get twiggy some shots though!

Groves needs to be told his primary job is to spell Gilly at the point, distribute the ball and keep TO's down. From now on, only drives wthin the flow of the offence and shots from range if wide open!

I think its also important to give Hill more of an opportunity to take over games. Don't laugh, I know he has been poor of late, but he could be this teams most dangerous offensive weapon if he is put in a position to succeed. I'd use him as the #1 offensive option when Balls and Gilly are out of the game and tell Groves to take a backseat as a scorer.

Hill's hops are outstanding and he has shown at times the ability to create his own shot off the dribble better than anyone bar Gilchrist on this team. I know that right now he is very erratic, but he has the ability to post up smaller guards (which would be most of the time) and shoot mid-range shots over them - often the only shots you can get when opponents ramp the pressure up, shut down the keyway and the open threes.

This advantage could be exploited when Balls has been shut down (he struggles when opponents crowd him and stop him from putting the ball on the floor) and Gilchrist is struggling to penetrate in the half court.

If the right space is created, I think Hill will score and draw fouls pretty regularly. Even better, once he shows he's a threat, that should open things up for other guys to get an open shot again.

Hopefully those sorts of things can help us avoid the epic scoring droughts we have at times and we can stop allowing teams we have on the ropes back into games!

Reply #261188 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I could say the same of half the Breakers games this year

Reply #261199 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I was just trying to point out that it's not all doom and gloom for Adelaide this season and things can turn around real quickly, we are not far off the mark.

Reply #261223 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Tigers COULD also be leading the competition if they didn't have so many key injuries...

However Journo is right on one thing, it's not all doom and gloom. And as Beantown outlined, with a league going through change, stability is what is required. Yes, some things need a tweak, but keep the faith...

Reply #261224 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

LC even if the Tigers were healthy, they would'nt be on top. they are losing now with anstey back. granted he still needs a gallop to get in better shape, but i dont see them as a major threat this season. losing a guy like Hoare is hurting them.

Reply #261250 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I don't see them as a major threat either...I was just trowing my hypothetical out there which is what this thread is all about...a hypothetical situation.

Reply #261254 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

This was exactly what I was thinking.
If we learnt how to close out games that we have no right to lose, we'd be outright top.

Reply #261255 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754