Anonymous
Years ago

cats vs hawks - what went wrong for perth?

just one bad game or should us cats fans be concerned?

Topic #21851 | Report this topic

kman  
Years ago

dont be concerned, perth is loaded, you have 5 players on any night who can top score. Realistically in a 3 game series wollongong will not beat perth, gold coast or townsville.

Reply #261311 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Currently Hawks are 2-1 over Perth and 2-0 over Crocs... bit higher than "no-chance"

Reply #261323 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

hahaha still underrating the hawks i see!!!

i think frosty the snowman got into perth heads the other night

Reply #261330 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Nothing to worry about the 9 man roster and the flights may have got to them and the huge game against NZ may have hindered them! I wouldnt be worried... Galen Young is set to play on Sat Night against the 36ers

Reply #261335 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

lol how funny mate "Hawks Own Townsville" eva since 2001 GF which Hawks Won let me see

2001: Hawks Bet Crocs in 2001 decider
2003: Hawks end Crocs 17 Game winning streak, in finals and the next night eliminated them
2005 Hawks Bet Crocs in Semi finals to progress to GF
2006: Hawks Chalk up 14 straight wins against crocs dating back to 2002 from memory
2009 Hawks Smash Crocs in top of table clash back in early october at WEC
2009: Hawks once again Smash Crocs by 24 this time in townsville.

that said and done you still think hawks don't have any chance against crocs in best of three??? hehe

Reply #261338 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

As for the Hawks Chances against Perth and Gold Coast

Hawks and Perth match up great against each other despite the other night. Perth Go very deep and are good at home, hawks also good at home and are not as deep but have the better PG in Mckee, and hawks bigs are probably more mobile.

i'd say if both make it to Finals who ever has the home court advantage will have the upper hand and most likely win series.

Gold Coast : worry me, they have always been Hawks bogey side, they have mobile bigs they can shoot the lights out, but that said I would not put it past this Hawks team to bet them with solid "D"

Reply #261341 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

If Hawks shoot at 58% (56% in 3's) they are going to beat every team in league esp.if bigs are going to get 53 between them.
Perth don't matchup well with them because Davidson and Tragardh play outside and Schenscher cannot guard them and be a presence in paint.
Cattalini barely played (12min) and Redhage not a factor so Perth in chase mode almost entire game.

Would not dismiss result but it ain't going to happen again!

Reply #261355 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

the hawks are very disciplined and play hard and smart but probably are not as talented as perth

Reply #261381 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

What happen was we got killed in the Paint. Tradgarh and Davidson killed us and got countless amount of offensive boards and they kept they kept shooting the lights out all night. they shot 60% from the 3pt line throughout the game. that has been a big concern for us all season.. the better team won. as i said, they are the number 1 team in the league. that loss to the Sixers has put them right back on track.

Reply #261448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754