enjoythegame
Years ago

Know anything about the SEABL?

need info on the seabl comp ....heard that a forestville player is heading there,is that comp any better than ours? and what teams play there? sorry i have just not heard much about that comp.....

Topic #21862 | Report this topic

Sebastian  
Years ago

www.seabl.com.au

Reply #261429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it better than ABL - YES

Second tier "national" league with teams from Victoria, NSW (Albury), Canberra Gunners, Mount Gambier, Brisbane and 2 Tasmanian teams.

Train twice a week, hit the piss on a weekend - stock standard. Trying to be "professional" in an amateur league means there are always inconsistencies because people work to make a living and may skip training...

Still in many respects a glorified Victorian league with powerful clubs like Knox, Kilsyth, Frankston, Dandenong, Nunawading, Sandringham all participating as well as country Victorian teams like Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo.

The standard is below NBL, but probably better than the different state leagues (ABL in SA, SBL in WA, Big V in Vic...) You might get one or two teams from these leagues that could compete at a SEABL level, but on the whole, the SEABL has more depth, although it is an "older" league with imports.

Could probably do away with imports or limit it to 1.

League may not exist i the next couple of years as the whole idea of a legitimate "second tier" league is examined closely by BA.

Reply #261435 | Report this post

ball  
Years ago

Think you will find its one of the eagles best players over the past 3-4 years that is moving!!!
It will be the best decision he has ever made too!!!

Reply #261438 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

I hear it's Matt Sutton to the Mt Gambier
Pioneers for the next 2 years!

Reply #261458 | Report this post

cc  
Years ago

Big loss for the eagles

Reply #261467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why did matt sutton leave?
eagles are in trouble now, they dont have ne1 to fill in for him

Reply #261475 | Report this post

Eagles have lost Sutton and may be losing two more key players, both play the 4 or 5, one to football and maybe one leaving the club and going elsewhere. Looks like Andy will have to give some of the young guys a run finally.

Reply #261481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also hear on the grape vine that a SEABL club is looking at another young player from here!! any more info from which club??

Reply #261482 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Just a little correction:
The Australian Basketball Association (ABA) is made up of five leagues that compete to become Association Champions. These leagues are; SEABL, Big V, Waratah, Queensland (QABL) and Central (CABL).

All are ABL teams but overall SEABL teams have greater depth including imports and a whole lot more money.

Reply #261485 | Report this post

Just a thought  
Years ago

"Looks like Andy will have to give some of the young guys a run finally."

So you think he will just sit back and say "Oh well - we've lost a few players, I guess it's time to give the other guys a run"???

I suspect there may be some recruiting happening.

Reply #261494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL infinitely superior to your ABA.

Reply #261550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are the other fville players leaving?
i know peter hoban is playing footy but who else?
eagles are in trouble losing matt and peter!

Reply #261555 | Report this post

cc  
Years ago

Anonymous
Yesterday
08:17 16 Dec 09

Reply #261482
re: Know anything about the SEABL?
I also hear on the grape vine that a SEABL club is looking at another young player from here!! any more info from which club??
I heard that he is only 18 and play for abl for.....? and is thinking about the move not sure if it a good idea ?

Reply #261787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon it would be a great opportunity. Much more exposure in the SEABL. Play against and with better players and NBL teams are watching.
If the kid wants to make it, would be great move. No a lot of opportunities at Sixers!

Reply #261797 | Report this post

Rossco Smith  
Years ago

SEABL quite strong but agree with comment re some teams a lot stronger than others,have a Brisbane and Hobart team also.
Has anyone heard where Leah Mencel playing or what doing?

Reply #261851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harvey, Boonstopple, Doyle and B.Haydon all played reasonable minutes last year. I wouldn't say that the eagles don't use young guys, but they will need to recruit if they want any chance to win it next year cos their young guys are pretty ordinary in my opinion!

Reply #261869 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Pioneers approached Josh Bond from West Adelaide but Josh's preference is to play college so he has decided to stay at West for one more year.

Reply #262557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754