Santa
Years ago

Wii-rank the best

My elves are getting presents ready for kiddies.
Can anyone give me a ranking of wii games for 10 to 18 years old?

Comes with
PLAY
Sonic Unleashed
Mario Court
Sports.

What extras would people rate ??

Topic #21882 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

Resident Evil 4.

Reply #261770 | Report this post

Lachie  
Years ago

Sonic Unleashed is terrible.
Just go with the tried and tested:

Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Brothers Wii

All 3 three are good fun, and the latter 2 are good for multiplayer.

Reply #261803 | Report this post

Curious George  
Years ago

Get some Wii Points.. it's about $30 for 2000 points and once the wii is conected to the internet you can then download games from past Nintendo platforms onto your wii, (SNES,NES,N64 etc)
Otherwise for WII games,anything with Mario is generally good. New Super Mario Bros and Zelda would be my pick

Reply #261818 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

When budgeting though, make sure you allow for "accessories".

The Wii only comes with one controller, so anything you want to play against another player, like most Wii Sports games, means you have to shell out for another.

I'd also consider a charging dock, of some description, for the controllers. Otherwise you'll be up for truckloads of batteries.

Games wise.....Mario Karts is a must. Fun for everyone.

I can't recommend Sports Resort, as it's a Xmas present and hasn't been opened yet, but all signs point to it being a lot of fun as well.

The main thing to remember is that you're not getting a serious gaming machine. It's got less processing power and less graphics capability than XBox and PS3. It's a FUN console though, and the games reflect that.

Generally speaking, anything Mario baased is great value. My kids both enjoy the Olympics ones and my son loves Mario Party.

Reply #261836 | Report this post

Santa  
Years ago

What age for Mario Party Dicko?

Reply #261852 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Mario Party is good for all ages.

Sports Resort is great and again good for all ages.

Agree with Dicko, Mario Kart is a must.

Currently for me though, its all about NBA2K10.

Reply #261856 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

House of the Dead Overkill pack with hand Cannons is FUN.

Of course, it _DOES_ have an entry in the Guinness Book of Records for the most swear words in a video game.... but hey.

Reply #261857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something funny for the kids go for Rayman Raving Rabbids great novelty fun for the family!

Reply #261867 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Metroid Prime Trilogy pack. 3 Games for the price of 1.

Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Paper Mario Wii, Zelda.

Reply #261872 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Alternatively, you can get an X-Box 360 arcade pack and then buy the "Sega Mega Collection" on top of that. Should be about 100+ games that the kids can play and for about the same price as a Wii with 2 games.

Reply #261873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754