Astor
Years ago

Marion Jones at Bulleen?

http://linky.com.au/1z30k

Interesting article. Sounds to me like Bulleen are trying to jump on the Jones' bandwagon, and you can bet any money that its a move that will be of huge promotional value to the small club.

Who cares if she's a disgraced champion, this would do great things to boost media awareness of the WNBL. I think it'd be great of Jones played for an Aussie club.

Topic #21887 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

From her last interview - Jones was enthusiastic about playing in Australia, but 'understood the League had a time frame'
( The League's deadline for registration, mentioned regarding the signing of Jackson, - is before half the regular season games for a club have been played)
The envision is to play only home games and ask for a waiver for finals, - giving the club and the League a promotable oppurtunity.

Reply #261889 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

was on the radio as well.

Reply #261890 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Would be great for the media exposure that's for sure.

Not sure how great it would be for Bulleen's championship aspirations though.

Reply #262099 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Would Jones be eligible for an Australian Visa given the fact that she is a convicted criminal???

Reply #262150 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good point - I doubt it.

Reply #262158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754