XztatiK
Years ago

Another Loss for Judas

To prevent terrible afflictions like the one currently effecting the Melbourne Tigers, please donate generously to raise cancer awareness and prevent more teams suffering.

www.livestrong.org

Topic #21895 | Report this topic

Hems  
Years ago

Surely they will cut him - he can't be cheap, and now that they are surely out of the finals, it can't be worth keeping him.

Reply #261990 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

All flash and no substance. reminds me of Rashard Tucker.

Reply #261991 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I would laugh so hard... and also forgive the Tigers for their formerly dirty, cheating ways.

Reply #261992 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

*if they cut him that is

Reply #261993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers were a .500 team in both of Hodge's seasons here and now the Tigers are 1-5 with him.

You're a winner, Jules.

Reply #261998 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

he's def value for money lol

Reply #262000 | Report this post

Went to the game.... .......Julius does not fit into the team at all and seems to get up the nose of even his own team mates .

When RR from the breakers lost a contact lens he started to laungh and stump on the court until some of his team mates told him to settle down .....and similarly Wortho had to tell him several times to get back and play D...JR was taking him apart late in the game because of his lack of interest in D . Amazing ego which is not doing anything for the team .

Reply #262003 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think you are a bit harsh on Hodge there. He played pretty well last night, and certainly combined well with Mackinnon and Worthington.

When the Tigers looked to run he was very effective, but in the half court not so much. Defensively he aint great, but very offensive studs are.

As for the stomp, Rick Rickert could have a laugh about it, so should you!

Rumour in media circles last night was that Hodge would be sent home if they lost, but after the game Westover said they are finishing the season with this group.

We will wait and see, but the Tigers play Wollongong and then Cairns twice, if they can win them they will be back within striking distance.

Reply #262010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even winning those 3 games would make them 7-11 and still about 6 games out of the top 4

Reply #262013 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Forget Hodge, Al Westover can take most of the credit for running Anstey so deep into 4th Q.
How in the world can he play more than Johnson who has been their best player of late.
Greer may have played the D but missing in action offensively, problem for most of the Tigers.

Reply #262017 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

wonder if he is still the man who stays back longer after training, does more work etc cos it aint showing. btw, that stomp was like a flash in a pan. i thought a player named kirk baker was crap, julius you win that new mantle of worlds crappest player

Reply #262019 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon, the Tigers are only 4.5 games out of the top 4 at the moment, win those 3 and theyll prob only be 2-3 games out, with another 7 games to come at home.

Reply #262025 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

You're kidding yourself if you think they have any shot at all.

Thanks for that info Defence Wins Games.

"Greer may have played the D but missing in action offensively, problem for most of the Tigers."

That's because they're not allowed to touch the ball unless it gets Judas an assist.

Reply #262029 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Westover is a overrated coach. With the Rosters he's had over the years, even blind Freddy can win with them. People talk him up as if he is an alltime great like Goorjian Adrian Hurley.

Reply #262030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone noticed worthos Twitter today? Roster change soon he is saying...

Reply #262031 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can we get a quote anon? I'm not on Twitter.

Reply #262033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First tweet was 15 hours ago 'a change is in the air - standby!'
then 2 hours ago 'no dip shits, management will make a move with the roster very soon'

Reply #262035 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wortho33 - ' a change is in the air ...standby. '

( Only wot I heard - for I'm not on twitter.)

Reply #262036 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Thanks guys. Who's the dip shit?

Reply #262042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge out
Ryan in

Reply #262045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As in Damien Ryan?

Reply #262047 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Damien?

Reply #262048 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If so that's a perfect fit with Kendall out.

Reply #262050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another bad character mercenary.

Reply #262055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the dip shits were people replying to his first comment

Reply #262058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The suspense is killing me on this one...hurry up Tigers officials

Reply #262067 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Maybe Wortho is more keen on it than management.

Reply #262137 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Understand there was a bitta talk around at the game that they would cut him if they lost this one. Then a tweet from Wortho on Sunday. But kinda listening to Boti this morning, don't think they will.

Reply #262138 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Who knows with the Tigers? It does appear to me that the are fed up with Hodge though.

Reply #262139 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Bringing Damien Ryan in with Hodge still there will cover there weakness on the perimeter and could make them vry dangerous if (IF!) they can get on the same page.

Saturday night they were a player short in their rotation (8-man) and lacked a shooter. Ryan helps with both of those.

Reply #262164 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Bringing Damien Ryan in with Hodge still there will cover there weakness on the perimeter and could make them vry dangerous"

Bringing Damien Ryan in WITHOUT Hodge makes them even more dangerous!!!

Reply #262171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have talked to a former 36ers played who had been in contact with Sam mackinnon from the tigers.

He said that sammy mac had told him that the team didnt get along with hodge. Apprently he has missed trainings, wont do what the coach ask's of him and wont play for the team and his ego is amazing. Apparently the all want him gone and even the melb fans dont like the dude.

Shit.....Thats a good effort by hodge.

Reply #262177 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Hodge in no way played well. He makes their offense turn to a standstill trying to be like an NBA superstar but it DOES NOT WORK HERE. You need good ball movement the only reason the Tigers were close in the first was because of their great D, once the D gave a few open looks it was game over. Either Westover needs to fix up the offense or Hodge needs to get the ball moving around more.

Reply #262180 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Have a look at his shot chart. This is a player wanting to play NBA and who thinks he is God's gift to basketball. The shot charts from all his games look like that of an u/10!!!!!!!!

Reply #262184 | Report this post

if the Tigers wants to keep Hodge they first have to decide what his role in the team should be.

On saturday the team seemed not balanced .

When played as a guard Hodge seemed to want to run the point and drive to the basket.

This style may be effective in some teams but as the Tigers guard department presently is down to Crosswell and Corletto the combinations with Hodge do not seem to work well.

Crosswell being soly a distributing point guard looked out of place on saturday when placed in the 2 spot as Hodge took the ball up the court - and Corletto did not get much of chance to shoot as Hodge would go himself.

Hodge seemed much better when played more as a forward but with Anstey coming back you got to expect that the game plan will be to give him the ball more inside something which may not fit Hodges.

As several have pointed out Hodge's long range shooting is not the greatest nor is his D so while Hodge's drive to basket offensive style at times looked exciting the question remains what is his role and how can he add value to the rest of the team given the style of play Westover runs and the remaining manpower of the team ?

Reply #262201 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Cut Groves...bring in Hodge!

Reply #262203 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

(Insert Knives Here)

Reply #262204 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

And - NZ Breakers looking for an Import also..
For more knives..and letting my head get blown off.

Reply #262205 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

A team cannot win when Hodge is the main guy, and he is incapable of being anything but.

Reply #262210 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I am in no way a Hodge fan, I think he is a guy who gets numbers but doesnt help his team, a bit like Carlos Powell.

But he was much better last Saturday than in previous weeks and didnt hog the ball nearly as much. He also passed the ball very well and found a number of open teammates.

Without being surrounded by a team of shooters, he isnt ever going to be overly effective in the half court though, as he is a one trick pony.

Reply #262236 | Report this post

didn't want to make another post on him, but just checked out the man's new shiny website.. that's some funny stuff right there.. I was tempted to test out some of his work out drills, perhaps post xmas turkey i can hit the free weights after some 12 foot jumpers..

But for a laugh check it out.. or perhaps not really - he obviously gets a kick out of the publicity.. but he has his story on the whole pay thing and the game here.. just like, whatever mate, he really is deluded.. but the disrespecting Brett thing continued and that irks me though and can't wait for him to get the sack and follow the dream somewhere else

Reply #262304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754