dwaynewade
Years ago

NBL vs Europe

Compare, are the top nbl teams euroleague quality?

discuss the pro's and cons.

i think we hav a very underrated league here.

Topic #21920 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

considering how tight the competition is over here at the moment; they're a "step" closer to a Euro team, but not by all that much.

Best to send a few euro teams down here for some exhibition games to see. Personally Europe will be better because teams can fire more money into clubs than here and mo' money means better teams.

Reply #262315 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

General consensus is that top NBL clubs are as good as any in Europe - with the exception of the very rich Euro clubs, who tend to make up the top half of the Euroleague each year.

I would agree that we have a very underrated league here, that is comparable with all but the Spanish league and the Euroleague.

Reply #262318 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Totally agree that the NBL is very much underrrated. Arguably the NBL is a stronger leagye that most European domestic leagues, like the Italian and Israeli leagues for example.

However as stated, the mega-rich teams that play Euroleague are way out of reach of the NBL, including teams such as Olympiacos, Regal FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Panathinaikos, CSKA Moscow etc etc. Most of these teams feature the best players outside of the NBA, and in many cases get paid more than they would if they went to the NBA.

Reply #262325 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Remember back to the kings playing Russias champions only a few years back and the kings won by 18 to 20. Obviously they buy a slightly higher quality import but i reckon we r almost there with speed, athletacism and shooting we r pretty close.

Reply #262408 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

I think that the Euroleague is better than the NBL but what would happen if the NBL joined a all-Asian league or a all Southern hemisphere league that could be better than the Euroleague

Reply #262592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's no league outside of the NBA that even comes close to the standard & quality of Euroleague.

Reply #262593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754