Hoop Addict
Years ago

Eric Bradley playing for Albury Wodonga?

Can anyone confirm it is THE Eric Bradley suiting up for the Bandits? He scored 26 points & grabbed 6 boards in the Bandits first up loss to Knox 104-91.

Anyone wanting to check out SEABL box scores, head to www.seabl.com.au

Easy to follow the progress of Ryan Kersten, Joe Ingles, Jason Williams & anyone else you may be interested in!

BASA - can you PLEASE take a leaf out of SEABL's book and get those box scores up?!

Topic #2193 | Report this topic

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Hoop

Yes, it is the same Eric Bradley.

Reply #24757 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Eric Bradley, the import from Woodville?
I'm pretty sure he played college ball with Jye Watson who is now playing with Centrals.

Reply #24794 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And Chris Mason (Pioneers, ex Mavericks) and Brad Hill (AIS, ex Mavericks) and Moses Guthrie if he ever decides to get fit and play again (steady on - that was a bit mean!).

Reply #24807 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

On that note, you guys should journey down the highway and catch up with the Big E when he's in town (late June if my memory serves me rightly). There'll be a strong green and gold Woodville feel to the weekend, so make your way down to the Icehouse for a great night (bring a blanket .... actually, make that two blankets .... or is it three, four, or perhaps an electric heater .... or two .....)

Reply #24810 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

well this is old news!

Reply #24837 | Report this post

basil fawlty  
Years ago

Eric is a top bloke and it was his Aussie network of the above that brought him out here

Reply #24861 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

He was spotted in albury in ealry january at the australian country cup so he has been over there for a while....

His numbers last weekend really look promising and like he could do some real damage in the SEABl.

How did he go with woodville? I was a little surprised when i heard his stats but i may be wrong.

Reply #24984 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Rare23air, it might be worth mentioning that SEABL isn't really one the same level as ABL yet.

Reply #24986 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Sorry Monkey, what you saying? could you please rephrase?

Reply #24988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know the reason for the damage of one of his ears..... it wasnt a mike tyson moment was it?

Reply #24992 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Rare23air, you probably just misunderstood what i was saying,

what i meant was that the standard of basketball in SEABL is not as good as the standard in the ABL. The games in the ABL are of better quality than SEABL.

Does that make my point more clear?

Reply #24997 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

I dont believe you are correct there and i know that the majority of people who use this forum would feel the same.

I cant remember the last time a Central team played off in the national final, SEABL teams are always involved and usually win it all. ALthought Cairns did win in '04.

The SEABL is really the next league down from the NBL, much more professional and higher quality players than the other ABL leages.

Reply #25000 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Curious Monkey :

What gave you the impression that SEABL was of a lesser standard than ABL? The general concensus is that SEABL is the best of the semi-professional leagues in Australia.

Reply #25002 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Curious Monkey, yet another SEABL fan here. Have seen them both and have to say SEABL is way above Central ABL. The biggest reason is simply the salary cap - there is none in the SEABL and because of the small country town status of many of the teams, the entire community is behind them, pumping big money into the teams.

Come on down for a game sometime. Moses is happy to catch up for a drink, especially if you're shouting!

Reply #25016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No doubt SEABL is the best ABL leauge. Most teams have 2 quality imports/and or quality NBL players on the rosters. Also a lot of SEABL players go onto the NBL, and yes that is due to the fact that they pay their players more.

Reply #25038 | Report this post

JOMO  
Years ago

If Eric plays real well in SEABL, what do you think of his chances of going on to the NBL, I heard he played real well against the 36er big men,Rees and cooper in the 6er camp last year.

Reply #25039 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Not taking anything away from SEABL, and true, i haven't seen much of it, but if you look at it this way...

Jason Williams getting paid a large sum of money to play for the Pioneers as a core player. Although he is a sixer, the Sturt team is still going to win ABL. Other players left include O.Forman, T.Gower, D.NG, among others. Any of those three you would say is a better player (certainly looking at sixer minutes when Williams is not injured). If SEABL is a better competition, why didn't Pioneers get an NBL player who does more than get splinters....for 8 years?? Perhaps the pioneers just arn't the strongest team in SEABL as was the case 4-5 years ago?

Reply #25056 | Report this post

Jomo  
Years ago

C.M.- williams isn't a starter on the pioneer club, he averaged about 27 minutes per game in the first round. So that will tell you something about the starting 5.As far as money, unless you know the exact amount he is playing for you are only guessing. If you do know, then that will tell you about the amount of money that SEABL pays their players for williams to come off the bench. On Sturt I'm guessing he would be a starter.

Reply #25095 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

eric has been in albury since before the national schools champs

Reply #25097 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Jomo - your right, i dont know the minutes or rotation in SEABL, i do know that he is injured now, or recovering from a serious injury which would be affecting game time. What i was talking about was minutes in the sixers. His minutes were small in the NBL, smaller than O. Forman D.NG etc. do you understand why an outsider would come that conclusion, why wouldn't SEABL go after quality NBL players (see above mentioned) also Nash, Holmes (last season) and so on.

Reply #25113 | Report this post

Jomo  
Years ago

Doc.-Can't answer that question mate,maybe it was money, contacts,or players game. Holmes is a different type of player shoots an awful lot.Maybe they wanted someone with experience for their 6th or 7th man, who didn't want to run the show.Check the rest of SEABL rosters, and you will find a bevvy of NBL players and X players and quality imports.

Reply #25138 | Report this post

Jomo  
Years ago

All I can say is good luck to the Big Easy, hope this is a step to the NBL.

Reply #25139 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

In a team like the Pioneers whom already have two high quality resticted players, they are unable to sign an nbl player playing over 15mins. It would be completely rediculous to "sack" one of these players in preference of a forman, ng or other similar player.

According to sources Williams was still only about 50% in round one and did not play last night. He is not expected to play next week either. There were issues with the removal of the pin in his finger and has to have minor surgery to remove it!

He is expected back in round 4 when the pioneers host Ballarat on Easter Thursday!!

Reply #25183 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wow. That's big news on Jase. Catch up with ya sometime this week big fella - at training if you're lucky! ;-)

Reply #25184 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

rare23air, thats a fairly in-depth prognosis, i would expect something like that from a doc...are you as knowledge-able on the player restriction rules. are they the same as ABL?

Reply #25197 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Sorry doc, not really too certain on the Central ABL..... i guess it would be something similar however!

Reply #25241 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Moses wont see you until A grade final night, will be returning from adelaide to pull on the bulldogs uniform!

Cant wait for that, What do you think your chances are of meeting us then?

Reply #25243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754